VERY CAPABLE metal detector from Bulgaria, the Mikron NRG-110. Anyone used it?

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:Hello, I have a Mikron NRG-110 from Sophia, Bulgaria. It air-tests 16" +/- on a quarter (appx. T2 territory). As with (any) machine though, actual ground depth will vary depending on soil conditions, manual GB settings (which also effects the threshold and sensitivity on this machine) and operator skill. If anyone thinks a Fisher 1266X is "chatty", try this machine. You are in for a (very) noisy experience if you're around a lot of trash. But just slow down, take your time, and get into a 'not-so-trashy' area. Low-to-high tone usually indicates iron. Solid low tone usually indicates foil or steel bottle caps. A mostly solid high tone with a tenth of a second low tick usually means you have a dime, penny, nickel, quarter, half, aluminum p'tab, or some other non-ferrous target. You'll be amazed at what this baby can find and at great depths too. So has anyone used one? If so, I'd like to hear about your results out there in the hunting grounds. Anyone had any success with one of these?

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rws51

May 12, 2009
I bought a Mikron NRG 110 about a year ago. It seemed to air test very well, but when I took it outside to try it, it went crazy on me. I called the dealer and ended up sending it back for a refund. The dealer said he bought three detectors to try and two had been defective. I would like to had one that was working like it was supposed to, might have been a good machine.

OP
OP
G

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to help out.

I bought a Mikron NRG 110 about a year ago. It seemed to air test very well, but when I took it outside to try it, it went crazy on me. I called the dealer and ended up sending it back for a refund. The dealer said he bought three detectors to try and two had been defective. I would like to had one that was working like it was supposed to, might have been a good machine.

Hello rws51

Here's my instruction to you for the deeper, manual GB mode. If you still have this machine, take it outside. With it turned on and away from the ground, metal and electricity, have the GND(ground) Balance knob set mid way. Threshold should be right where you start to hear the high/low tone and/or a little bit of static. Any louder will cause the machine to operate erratically. Now, slowly lower coil to an inch above the ground, making sure you're not near any metal in the ground. (If) the sound changes to an audible low or high tone, it is not properly ground balanced yet. So lift the coil from it's 1" above the ground level to between 6-12" above that 1" level, (repeatedly) doing this up and down motion (while) turning the GND knob clockwise or counter-clockwise until little to (no), high/low-tone hum remains. So, in summary, when pulling the coil (away) from the 1" level from the ground, little or no change in low-high tone should be heard. This process for manually ground-balancing is called "pumping" the detector. When no change in audio is heard, it is now properly ground balanced and should be ready to use. (Now), to gain extra depth, (slightly) turn the threshold(sensitivity) knob clockwise with the coil well away from the ground until hearing a faint but constant hum but don't use too much threshold hum as this will usually make the detector, once again, unstable. If it does go haywire, don't panic! Simply turn the threshold back down counter-clockwise until it's stable again and little or no threshold hum can be heard. This will become a preference feature once you get used to the detector's mannerisms as a whole. These are very finicky machines but once adjusted correctly, they are (very) sensitive detectors to thin or small, deeply-buried non-ferrous metals that many other machines would miss. Discrimination will disc out trash up to foil and tabs but this isn't ever advised because if the tabs become a low tone, then so too, the nickels. One can also risk ignoring some gold items as a low tone as well as other thin non-ferrous 'good' metals as they also, will turn into a low tone by the time aluminum tabs sound low-tone. So, this being said, used correctly, this machine is almost, if not, as deep and sensitive to thin, as well as normal-size targets as a Teknetics T2 and may be even be a little quicker as well.

Good luck and Happy Hunting rws51 !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulltab reply.

Hello Juit!

Pulltabs 'R' goooooood !! Helps us find the smaller golden goodies, LOL !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread