What's new

Very cool button need help

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy found this at one of our colonial sites. Anybody have any idea on age?
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0246.webp
    DSC_0246.webp
    841.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_0245.webp
    DSC_0245.webp
    845.8 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 6
Hi; Yours is a One Piece Button. This makes it Colonial dating older than 1820. From the design I can tell it is a woman's coat button. I'd date it to 1780 - 1790 ok. No value though ok. Nice Find. PEACE:RONB
 
Nice button. Late 1700s cloak.
 
Dandys date to 1750-1780
 
Hope this chart helps.Dating Buttons.webp
 
THEY DO HAVE VALUE - I knew a woman that ran a button museum in western Ma. that would have paid no less than $5 for that button
she passed away and I don't know who took over the museum - people just don't know how rare buttons like that are - especially ones with designs
any historical society or town museum would love to have a button like that

Hi; Yours is a One Piece Button. This makes it Colonial dating older than 1820. From the design I can tell it is a woman's coat button. I'd date it to 1780 - 1790 ok. No value though ok. Nice Find. PEACE:RONB
 
It is a nice looking button.
 
That's a good ole big one & a big ole good one Art. WTG, Q.
 
Hi; Nice button. I was right on being older than 1820 at least. Learn something new every day. I'd love to find someone to pay me for all the similar ones I've found over the years. PEACE:RONB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom