What's new

VERY RARE FIND! Chrondrite or something more?. PLEASE COMMENT! ❤️

andrewarena

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found bushwalking, stood out like dog's butt. Clear fresh rind/crust, little thumb prints with tiny rust spots on fusion crust/rind?
No streak on ceramic surface, magnetically moderate too low. Contains no quartz.
The interior window has a modern stone bench top look under 0.5mm magnification. Peppered with a olivine too diamond looking crystal scattering within a white fine cement like matrix.
Is this pebble familiar to anyone here?. Where I live the natural stone is hematite/magnetite, some bassalts and gerhtite mainly within sandstone/slate conglomerates.
Thanks in advance for any comments ��
80CAF8D8-C948-4B0A-AFB9-91D3A5611812.webp 802C69E2-8B1A-48F6-A06A-5464FA2080FA.webp 909563BA-DFCE-43E9-85D3-0EB61DB196C8.webp 54103FA8-DB21-4263-AA1A-B3A05E3FF878.webp AD0E1E5A-19D4-42DC-89CB-259FC051FDA9.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 28
The best one I have ever seen
 
Thanks etex, it will be weeks before I can get it examined any thoughts on whether it’s a possible lunar/Martian or just wishful thinking? I’m no expert :)
 
Looks like it to me! Great!
 
Wow, that would be unbelievable!
 
so that's a surface find you think has fallen recently ? so cool
 
Maybe? It Was sitting on the surface of a bush track.
It’s an unknown type of stone to me, thinking it could also just be a rare terrestrial rock?
Super keen to find out!
 
Last edited:
It is not a meteorite - in my opinion (which doesn't really mean anything). :occasion14:
 
Does it remind you of a perticular terrestrial rock? (For research purposes) :occasion14:
 
Honestly, to my untrained eye, looks like any other rock you find on a Gulf of Mexico beach covered in tar.

I had to google it. LOL

Whats something like that worth.

You say that someone saw the fall three weeks ago, is that why the rust is so bright?
 
Does it remind you of a perticular terrestrial rock? (For research purposes) :occasion14:

Magnetite Mineral Facts:
Chemical Formula: Fe[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]4[/SUB]
Magnetic Oxide of iron, Iron, 72.4 per cent
Colors: Black and streak is black as well.
Hardness: 6
Density: 5.2
Cleavage: No cleavage, magnetite breaks with an uneven choncoidal fracture.
Crystallography: Cubic
Octahedrons common; also octahedra and dodecahedrons, or combinations of the two. Also occurs in granular and massive forms.
Luster:. weak metallic or sub-metallic luster.
 
Great cuticles! Good luck with ID. lol
 
Sorry no that’s misinterpreted, I shouldn’t have mentioned that. I was saying the find is obviously JUST a coincidence due to the rust lol.
I’m in oil spill free Australia :notworthy:
Thanks for the help everyone!
 
Last edited:
Magnetite Mineral Facts:
Chemical Formula: Fe[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]4[/SUB]
Magnetic Oxide of iron, Iron, 72.4 per cent
Colors: Black and streak is black as well.
Hardness: 6
Density: 5.2
Cleavage: No cleavage, magnetite breaks with an uneven choncoidal fracture.
Crystallography: Cubic
Octahedrons common; also octahedra and dodecahedrons, or combinations of the two. Also occurs in granular and massive forms.
Luster:. weak metallic or sub-metallic luster.
I see that your having a laugh humoring me with the contrary facts of that I originally stated lol.
 
Very interesting find congrats !
 
Nice find, andre. I have only done some reading on the subject over the years. A couple of things you said, you were walking about in the bush and it stood out markedly from the surrounding rock and soil, plus the nice crust and description of the interior, speaks likely stony to me. Good luck with checking it out! I think you have one there! The witnessed fireball was likely a coincidence, as yours has some rust.
 
Unfortunately, this is not a meteorite. But interesting terrestrial rock and thanks for sharing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom