Vintage Cast Iron Toy Motorcycle

gaspower

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I would appreciate some guidance and help on this item I have found. I thought I did my due diligence on figuring out this this was a 1930's vintage toy. Someone mentioned it was a Chinese copy, and I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks JR

$(KGrHqR,!ngFIft2ijy!BSNmykzuiw~~60_57.JPG $T2eC16d,!w8FIc+DgiIfBSNmysjKFQ~~60_57.JPG $T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0PbNBSNmypKFjQ~~60_57.JPG

OP
OP
G

gaspower

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Thank you very much for your time. Just hard for me how to tell if reproduction or vintage??

Thanks JR

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Evening Don, welcome gaspower,

I looked around a bit on this, earlier, I saw the shape of gaspower's gas tank, and the Roy Orbison shades, and was all like, "whuh?"

It is the format of the Champion, but they marked the tanks, and said tank seems rounder:

$T2eC16h,!)wFIZOCIcO!BSM6VYY3Og~~60_57.JPG 1930's Vintage Cast Iron Champion Indian Police Motorcycle w Driver | eBay

This one, identified by the seller as a "Champion" is similar in gas tank, but lacks the double buttoned tunic and the sculpted boots / leggings features:

$T2eC16hHJIcFHN+33m3vBSMgejpKeg~~60_57.JPG Antique CHAMPION Cast Iron Motorcycle Patrolman Policeman Cop ORIGINAL PAINT

Now, I'm sitting here going, "hmmm."

$T2eC16NHJGoFFvcRcEvGBSI-pN05ug~~60_57.JPG Cast Iron Vintage Champion Motorcycle 7" | eBay

Haven't listened to Roy in a while.

OP
OP
G

gaspower

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

thank you all again for the speedy help. Just to know as a basic, the true vintage did not have the metal wheels? Correct.

JR

toysearcher

Oct 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Identifying an authentic cast iron motorcycle toy

Hello,

Authentic motorcycle toys usually can be identified by the fact that:

1. The toy either has rubber tires on wooden rims
2. Has nickel-plated rims with rubber tires
3. Has nickel-plated metal tires
4. The casting on very old toy motorcycles is smoother,without and tiny-beaded texture.
5. There may be some identifying stampings of the manufacturer.
6. Antique or old cast iron motorcycles were made in specific sizes.
Counterfeit toys could be made to the same size,but may be "off-sized".

If you're interested in old and antique toys, please visit my toy blog at the address below:

oldantiquetoys.blogspot.com

Hello,

I would appreciate some guidance and help on this item I have found. I thought I did my due diligence on figuring out this this was a 1930's vintage toy. Someone mentioned it was a Chinese copy, and I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks JR

View attachment 864918 View attachment 864919 View attachment 864920

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread