Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2543.JPG So my buddy and I hit are favorite go to spot looking for old coins. The last time we were up there my buddy found a SLQ. The time befor that I walked away with a gold ring, silver dime and an Indian head. I haven't found a silver quarter up here in about 3 years. Well about 3 signals into the hunt I get a screaming 91 on my mxt pro. Yell over to my buddy Evan and tell him I've got something good. Pop the plug and see the rim in the dirt clod. At first glance it looked gold. Turned out to be my first walking half 1945. I was ecstatic to say the least. I stood up and checked the hole and low and behold I get another high tone but lower vdi# 81. Just under the surface was the 51 Rosie. Back at it pulling up bullet shells and bottle caps I get the eagle button. Not sure when or from what it from. Any info is appreciated. Back at it and about an hour later I get another vdi# 81. Turned the clod over and seen the silver rim of the mercury dime 1942. Next it that was the wheat cent 1952. Turned out to be a a really good hunt. My buddy ended up with 3 wheats.

Upvote 20

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds congrats! Get back there because those beauties have friends!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh Big Silver!! Great find. I hope someone posts some information on that button also!
Congrats and happy hunting

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a Navy button for sure. I can't get an exact pic of it in my Button book. Awesome job on the finds.

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice walking 1/2

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. It's not easy finding silver down here in So cal.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first Walker and the other great finds!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread