Wanted Sterling Silver Items

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy anything that is Silver...current payout on marked Sterling items: Spot price of Silver (4-27 $24.04) times .925 (decimal purity of Sterling) times .88 (payout %)...$19.56 per troy ounce. Bigger items such as flatware have the best assay and weight after melt...the output from a bunch of small items (eg rings with stones, earrings, any thing with fine detail) can be under assay and have weight loss. Email me if you have any questions at [email protected] I can answer most questions about content via email...I'm not afraid of unmarked items, lower purities etc because I assay after melt and payout accordingly. Higher prices paid on some Mens and Ladies neck and wrist chains, especially if they have heavy links, Mexican and S American pieces if the workmanship is there, higher purity (eg .935 and .950) items. The situation with flatware for resale is troubling...only pre civil war items have value over melt, and I deal basically in bullion. Flasks and cigarette cases, medals and decorations will be considered. Possible trade for 1 oz pure silver rounds at spot plus $.75 if I have any. Thanks in advance, Herb Boyd.

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about shipping

OP
OP
H

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipping is paid by the seller...good question. I can't rebate a dime on shipping costs when there is an 88% payout. I do shows in S Florida and pick items up. If it is a big enough deal (30 oz or more ) and the deal is trade for rounds, I'll pay shipping on the rounds. Great part of Pa. by the way, good luck, Herb

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 100s of large sterling pieces but wouldn't consider paying for shipping. Do you attend shows in NC?

OP
OP
H

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello...I go as far north as west palm beach fl...if you have items suitable for resale such as chains and rings,post some photos and I'll consider...items must assay as silver...given current spot price I'm tempted to pay half of shipping on melt items,but would want to try a 10 ounce sample first...

OP
OP
H

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update...I can use any Sterling Chains, modern or vintage, paying melt if in resaleable or restorable condition,premiums paid for heavy link and rope chains, call 239 682 1735 or pm, Thanks,Herb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions