What's new

Warring !At Pro Contro Box Snapped

mario1972

Greenie
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garett At Pro International NEL HUNTER 8.5x12.5 DD ,5x8DD,Propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi !

I`m using the metal detector quite often about 20 hours a week and couple hours in water hunting. It seems to me that that someting is wrong with it and must be investigate by Garrett.
Have you ever had the problem like this ?.
All the best Mario .
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_0016.webp
    DSC_0016.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0017.webp
    DSC_0017.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Ouch !

must have been a defect
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
mario1972 - I would start off by contacting Garrett (Customer Service: sales@garrett.com or call 1-800-527-4011 Toll Free 8:00-4:30pm Monday-Friday CST) and see what they have to say.
 
It happened to me. I accidentally dropped it in the street while loading it back in the car. It was the first time I had it out after purchasing it.
To make a long story short. I called Garrett Customer Service and explained my situation. They told me to mail them the control box. In less than two weeks it came back good as new.
Never had that problem since but I have never dropped it again either, especially on a rock hard surface like what happened the first time.

Garrett Customer Service is one of the best!
 
Last edited:
It happend to my during water hunting so that`s why I worry a litlle bit about, how it is fix to upper pole.
Mario.
 
I'm just saying that as long as you are under warrantee they will probably replace the outer control box.

I don't see any damage to the upper pole from your pics.
Just take out the screws and the plastic piece that's around them. Keep the screws because you will need them to reinstall the control box when you get it back from Garrett. Those plastic pieces that are attached to the screws at this time come attached to the control box. When you get it back just slide the two plastic pieces in the holes in the upper rod and screw in the screws. Just don't over tighten them. It's only plastic.

They probably don't get many complaints about it snapping off the rod so it is way more cost effective to just replace the few that have problems than redesigning the whole machine.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom