- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
"Washington" button ID help
I dug this button today at my farm spot. The farm was originally part of a late 1700's plantation property, and I've found lots of CW relics here.
Any ideas on this button?
15mm flat button has a back mark with an Eagle and "Washington". There is still a shank and small bit of gold gilt on it.
The eagle faces left.
Is "Washington" a button maker, or does it mean George Washington?
Any info on this one would be greatly appreciated. Age?
Thanks,
MM
I dug this button today at my farm spot. The farm was originally part of a late 1700's plantation property, and I've found lots of CW relics here.
Any ideas on this button?

15mm flat button has a back mark with an Eagle and "Washington". There is still a shank and small bit of gold gilt on it.
The eagle faces left.
Is "Washington" a button maker, or does it mean George Washington?
Any info on this one would be greatly appreciated. Age?
Thanks,
MM
You sure nothing was on the front?Looks like it was used alot,notice one side is alot thinner then the other....
Nothing there. 







