What's new

Watch Case-Photo Frame?

capnball44

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Case.webpCase2.webp

This appears to be plated brass. Looks like it is meant to hold something but I don't know what.
Anyone ever seen one or familiar with it's purpose?
 
Upvote 10
Welcome to the forum. I have no help for you sorry
 
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post capnball44 - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
2nd - Maybe some type of holder (i.e., clock, picture, etc.) for display?
display.webp​
 
Thank you all for the welcomes and replies. A compass makes sense. I have to believe the hole in the center
of the backing plate would be for access to adjust the needle to north, am I correct? Any ideas where I would
find a compass that this would have housed?
 
Welcome to tnet thanks for sharing your find keep posting this is what makes this site so good especially in winter keep up the good finds!!!!!
 
Pocket watch case
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom