What's new

water hunting

mham2

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
163
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Location
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was just curious if there was any water hunters on this forum? :dontknow:
 
Sort of.

I'm a certified diver, and I have an older underwater detector that I am attempting to repair.
 
Yes. There are a lot of water hunter's in Ohio and everywhere else. In fact I've found it worked very fine. Even the Boat swim Area's are hit hard. But everyone has the same chance. So on a hot day and you want to stay cool, go for it. If you have a question, feel free. For finds, I think you'd do better coin shooting. But that is just my opinion.
 
Ohio beaches alone have produced the following for me in a little over 2 1/2 months:

8 gold rings (1 is a 3/8 kt diamond)
3 sterling rings
1 platinum or titanium ring(hasnt been tested yet)
over 500 clad coins
class key
dog tags
sterling chain and charm

There are still nice things to be found.. I have a Hookah dive system, but 90% of my finds could have been made without it.....
 
Count me in...I am a cert diver and use a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Although I have not been in water over 6' deep with my detector...I would be willing to go if there was a possiblity of good findings! I live in the Cleveland area.
 
Hi Mike,
I hope to be soon. I want to buy a Tesoro Tiger Shark but, they seem to be out of stock every where. I have waded a lot but, it is only a matter of time before my luck runs out and I drop my minelab in the lake. :crybaby2: Dont want that to happen. I wonder what a close second choice might be. :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom