What's new

Water rights

rockhound

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
592
Golden Thread
0
With the droughts raging in most of the world, the leaders of most of those countries leaders have taken drastic measures to protect thier, or their constituents, interests. Here in the US for instance, a law has been passed to insure their continued water rights interests. It states that it is now unlawful for farmers to dig catchponds to capture and hold rainwater.This is to ensure they have to buy water from the authorities in charge of water management.This is gearing up to be the next commodity to be fully regulated as more and more countries experience drought like conditions. A bill was passed a few years ago ptting the army corp of engineers in charge of all running water.If it runs through your property, you can't dam or control the stream of water. Now they have taken it a step further, to include catchment of runoff rainwater. rockhound
 
Don't know what bill you are talking about with the Corp of Engineers. There is currently a bill in congress that would do that but it has not passed (YET)!

What law are you referring to with the catchponds?
 
I am not sure about the catchpond bill,it has either already been passed, or is being passed as we speak. I think the water ways are already under control of army corp of engineers,the bill already in place. I don't have the number of these bills right now,but will talk to my source and see if he has the number convienently at hand. I will then post the bill numbers. rockhound
 
Gee, it sounds a lot like the FDA and calling "heartburn" "acid reflux disease"
If the FDA label's a disorder a disease then they can profit from it.

Silly monkeys we are.
 
The Corp of Engineers has control over "Navigable Water". The Clean Water Restoration Act (the bill number has changed and I don't have it handy right now) changes that to "all waters of the United States". This bill is presently in Congress and must be stopped. It will give control to the government of all water on your property and any activity that effects that water. This even includes a seasonal wetspot. I will get back with the info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom