- #1
Thread Owner
First Off I am posting this Simply as an Interesting Article.
Not My personal Opinion. I have heard many say Dowsing for Water Works.
I couldn't understand how. Seemed too close to Hocus Pocus to Believe.
The other day I was watching a Program where they Mentioned the Earths Gravity.
(I think NASA's Unexplained Files)
they mentioned the earths Gravity is Different depending on mineral & water content.
and finally it Struck me why Dowsing works.
The stick doesn't Point at Water.
The increase in Gravity makes the stick slightly heaver and Pulls the stick down.
The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio), 29 March 1917.











The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio) 1850-1918, March 29, 1917, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress
Not My personal Opinion. I have heard many say Dowsing for Water Works.
I couldn't understand how. Seemed too close to Hocus Pocus to Believe.
The other day I was watching a Program where they Mentioned the Earths Gravity.
(I think NASA's Unexplained Files)
they mentioned the earths Gravity is Different depending on mineral & water content.
and finally it Struck me why Dowsing works.
The stick doesn't Point at Water.
The increase in Gravity makes the stick slightly heaver and Pulls the stick down.
The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio), 29 March 1917.











The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio) 1850-1918, March 29, 1917, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress
Last edited:
not trying to go that route). My grandfather swore by it for finding water and pipe. I saw it work for him. I've played with it and have had mixed luck. Whats causing it? Who knows! I don't believe it's hocus pocus, I think there are possibly indicators and some people are more tuned to their surroundings,lay of the land, etc... But I'm not sure, just Opinion, not trying to debate it.
Whatever works! And it is fun to play with.






