What's new

Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Twin Digger

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
486
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Hello everyone I was in high hopes of finding some nice silver coins at this old Farm I was told. I while back I pulled a silver Commerative coin and have not been back their since. So I was able to take a week off and here is what I found.
I was taken but the front yard wooden canon (not real of course) but still pretty cool the mount and everything looked pretty old. I found a belt buckel and the spoon around that area

But I found very little coins. a couple of wheaties and no silver to speak of. I later went to the folks down the road and asked them if the knew of any other old farms in the area and they were nice enough to tell me about a friend of thier's who just lost his Farm and it's in forclosure :( I asked if I could go and search the area and they were very nice and called to get permission (Yes!!!!) I'm glade they said yes.. Here is the Picture of the farm

Here was my finding from the 2 farms.

On my way back I knew of an old train depote so I thought I would hit the edge's of the building and Wham!!! Another first.. A buffalo (no-Date) but I was loving it. :hello2:


Thanks and Happy Digging.
Twin Diggers
 

Attachments

  • P1010318a.webp
    P1010318a.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 530
  • P1010319b.webp
    P1010319b.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 562
  • P1010394.webp
    P1010394.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 552
  • P1010396a.webp
    P1010396a.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 564
  • P1010398a.webp
    P1010398a.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 558
  • P1010399a.webp
    P1010399a.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 552
  • P1010400a.webp
    P1010400a.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 552
  • P1010403a.webp
    P1010403a.webp
    171.4 KB · Views: 553
  • P1010407a.webp
    P1010407a.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 551
  • P1010410a.webp
    P1010410a.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 554
  • P1010411a.webp
    P1010411a.webp
    300.8 KB · Views: 553
  • P1010408a.webp
    P1010408a.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

:icon_thumleft: awsome finds
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

nice finds congrats! especially that SLQ, they are hard to find :thumbsup:
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Looks like some nice places to hunt, especially that old house
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Way to go Twin Cities! What is the story on that ring? Nice silver too? I used to live in Northfield.

SKD
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Thanks Soreknees Dayton. You know the area well then. I was surprised to find the Buffalo. I only have a F2 Fisher but it's been giving me pretty good luck. Some people around here are just laughing at me when I say I have an F2 :tongue3: I got it at a bargin and it's my first unit. It's paid for it's self. The ring is a silver 925 stamped church ring.(God is Good) on it. I found that at the first farm close to the front enterance. I have permission to hunt it as long as I tell them when. So I'm really going to go through it several times. I even offered to mow the front so I can keep the weeds down.

It pay's to be nice!!.

Happy Hunting
Twin Diggers.
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

WTG on that SLQ and other finds. That is a great looking site and should still have more great finds. I loved that wooden cannon. I know during the civil war huge ones were carved from trees as a deception in the actual amount of artillery pieces not unlike the balloon types of tanks and transport trucks in the UK during WWII.
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Nice finds!!!!!
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

What kind of fuse is that?It's a canon fuse! What's it for? My canon! Where did that canon come from??
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Produce Guy!! Nice. This canon had a bird's nest stuck in the barrel.. I'll look when I go back thier. it's close to the other farm where I found only 1 silver and a bunch of wheaties.. Thanks
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

Nice place to hunt and great digs. Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Week-end hunt at 2-farms & Old Train Station

nice slq add relics
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom