Weekend question

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you high volume guys(or low volume) do on the weekends? Do you dump? Do you try to get extra boxes during the week to hold onto till the weekend? Do you spend time doing other activities that 'normal' people do?
I go through withdraws and develop a twitch waiting for Tuesday to come around and the halves to come in!
N8

Upvote 0
When I first started I'd do my boxes the same day. But now I'll do my boxes partially unless I score some silver early in that box, then I do the entire box at lightning speed.

well I'm definitely not a high volume crh'er like a lot of you guys but I get boxes on the way home from work on Friday to search for the weekend. I got some dime, nickel & cent boxes to search this weekend.

But I'm going to start ordering half boxes on a regular basis starting this month and I plan on increasing it a little in Jan. so I'll be getting a couple of half boxes during the week and a couple more on Friday to search over the weekend. I know that's still low volume compared to a lot of you guys but I'm planning to start with that and see how it goes (and how many skunks I can take). Maybe if I can have a little success and I don't feel like I'm completely wasting my time with half boxes week after week I'll increase it to 8 or10 boxes a week - maybe 5 during the week and 5 on Fri. for the weekend.

But I think we all know what you mean about this being a rather addicting hobby.

HH

As a small timer with a full time 9-5 job I'm somewhat limited in picking up boxes and then dumping my discards. Friday on the way home from work I do the majority of my pick-ups, and I use early Saturday morning for dumping. Depending on how much I have, depends on how many dump banks I hit. After that I try to hit as many banks as I can do pick up some CWR's or boxes they can spare.

I pickup more halves and dimes to sort. I have a few banks that will order me coins and hold them so I can pick them up on Saturday. I also pickup 4-8 boxes of dimes on Sundays now.

hey bud. i think my weekends are now dedicated to making sure i can find a few TD banks that will give me a few boxes of anything :)

I know how much the bags of each denomination holds at my dump banks. I put half of that amount in each bag...so that I have half a coin counter bag full of dimes, nickels, and halfs, in each bag I take in the bank. They dump one bag...so they don't have to do bag changes because of me as often. That way, I am less memorable.

My boxes usually come in on Wednesdays, and I am usually needing to feed my addiction on Saturday.

Sundays can be killer days without any coin to search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back