Weekly nickel totals

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I posted my half results in a separate post. Did three boxes of nickels this week here are the totals:

Box 1: 2 war nics, 1 dateless buffalo

Box 2: 3 war nics, no buffs

Box 3: no war nics or buffs :(

Also added to the pile of pre-1960s. I have almost $100 face in pre-1960 nickels. Crazy....

Also scored a 1935 Canadian Nickel for my daughter (she gets all the foreign coins). It's pretty cool.

Got a bunch more coins today to go thru and have two boxes of halves and some more nickels coming next week. Half boxes seem to be heating up lately based on posts, and mine have been better as well. We'll see.

BTW: I'm at 112 war nics this year. My goal is 200. Will have to push it up a bit. Thinking about getting 5 or more boxes/week for the rest of the year. That should do the trick I hope.

HH to all

Upvote 0
some nice finds and totals. Just wondering - do you search Brinks or S & S boxes of nickels or both and which do you find better results with if either?

HH

I just got a '73 Canadian myself yesterday (which is kind of rare for me) as well as a nice '39 and a few other pre-'60s from $20 in rolls I bought yesterday. I'm going to keep at those S & S rolls to see if I can keep finding more nice buff's like I've been finding lately. And I used to have pretty good luck with silver nic's but I haven't found one of those in a while - but I haven't really been searching in large volume either.

Good Job on the nickel finds. I also search nickels they are my favorite by far, it is a slow go and they are not for everone. With that being said I hunt 1 box per day and I am attempting to do it for a solid year, I find app 30 War Nics per month, my goal is (400) for this year, I most likely want do it but It will not be from a lack of trying, I also find 12 to 15 Buffs per month, and I also have almost 3 complete sets 38-61. Good Luck. Dennis.

Thanks for all the nice comments. The boxes here are all Brinks. I have got about 100 1939 nickels, and not one double Monticello yet.... I check every single one! Have got one complete set though, and only a handful away from number two (1950D and 1938S are the only two I need).

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back