What's new

Weird day at the beach...

ArmyJoe

Full Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
137
Reaction score
334
Golden Thread
0
Location
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to hit a beach tonight with my Excalibur 1000. Being that I don't get to Florida often I took advantage of the free trip. Hit Cocoa Beach at low tide and in a few hours had four rings. Though three are junk rinds, one is a nice sized silver ring.

Now for the weird part. I was digging every signal I got or if the threshold changed I dug down to retrieve something. I thought it was strange that every target I dug was either trash or jewelry! I've never had a day where I couldn't find a penny on a beach! Anyone else ever encounter this?

All the jewelry came from 4-6" down in the wet sand. Happy hunting everyone! I gotta get a new scoop as the welds on my RPG broke on the last target I dug...

Joe ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439009830.012732.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439009842.028669.webp
 
Upvote 14
Nice rings and I love the toy car! When I was in Florida,I didn't find anything on the beach- hunted by Sarasota and Ruskin Fla. in February - no large crowds to seed the beach I guess.
 
I got there about an hour before low tide so the crowd if there was one had dropped off severely!
 
I don't have much experience beach hunting but I agree it's a rare occurrence when i don't find a coin of some type out detecting. As we all know beach is were its at if your going for the jewelry, I'm sure you will hit on something good some day if you haven't yet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom