What's new

weird old cross??

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I found this about two years ago, (before I discovered T-net) low tide, depression, about a foot down in the shells. Read as jewelry, came out as a barnacle encrusted lump but I could see a white stone peeking through. Took it home, scrubbed it with a tooth brush and came up with this. It also has what appears to be five Opal looking stones. Didn't appear to be any kind of precious metal so I threw it in my finds box. Over the course of two years, three of the "white" stones fell out. It is sort of "cupped" shaped, maybe from the salt water?? Anyone have a clue to it's age or origin? Note: the design on the back resembles the ying/yang or whatever their called symbols. Rich.
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    97.8 KB · Views: 459
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 452
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    161.7 KB · Views: 442
  • cross4.webp
    cross4.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 399
Mine is the only "what is it" with zero replies!! I know someone out there has an idea about this! HELP!! Rich.
 
Upvote 0
richm said:
Mine is the only "what is it" with zero replies!! I know someone out there has an idea about this! HELP!! Rich.

It is an inexpensive rhinestone jewelled cross pendant probably lost by some surfer dude who got thrashed.
 
Upvote 0
Every once in a while someone will post their finds and it cant be identified.

I dont have any idea what it is, but the design looks very old to me. Im not an expert, but i think you should take it to a jewler and see if he can make a solid identification on the stones. He may can give you and idea of how old it is, just by the design.

Good Luck, i hope you can find out about it!
 
Upvote 0
On the back appears to be were the saints were, A zinc based material so the rhinestone thing is good. Most likely catholic, and modern.
 
Upvote 0
Could be wrong, but my expierence is that most valuable stones are set either in claws, or have a hole behind the mounting to allow the stone to "breathe".
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom