Westchester County, NY Metal Detector Challenge!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings Hudson Valley History Detectives members and Non-members!

This month’s meeting will be on Wednesday, August 15[SUP]th[/SUP], at 7:00pm in White Plains. This month, we will meet at my home. I live in the Tanglewood Gardens complex, 260 Church Street, White Plains, New York 10603 – Feel free to call me 914-589-3985 for directions! There is PLENTY of FREE parking on Church Street, and in Visitor spots in parking lots on both sides of the complex. We will be demonstrating different metal detectors on the lawn and do some depth tests in my test garden – So Bring Your Machine!

GUEST SPEAKER: Barry Small, the American distributor for the new Blisstool metal detector, will demonstrate the machine at this month’s meeting. BRING YOUR MACHINE to test it on our depth pit and test garden! We will have a Minelab GPX 5000; CTX 3030; Etrac; Garrett AT Pro; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Sand Shark; Whites; Fisher; Blisstool and MORE!

This month’s discussion topic will be, “Target pinpointing and recovery techniques.” Have your questions and tips ready!

We will raffle off the Lesche digger donated to the club by NED at this meeting, then add those proceeds to the club’s “Perpetual 50/50” funds (there is already $30.00 in the pot from last month). Make sure you attend to get in on BOTH drawings!
Lesche Raffle - $5.00 per ticket (Limit two-tickets per member)
HVHD Perpetual 50/50 - $5.00 per entry (One entry per attending member)

Bring a lawn chair and your machine and we will set up out by my garage with an ice-chest, some chips and dip. I’ll supply the coffee, tea, ice, water, chips, pretzels & dip, you bring whatever you’re drinking, eating or want to share. You’ll have a chance to test your machine and compare it to others in a controlled and friendly environment using a variety of targets. Feel free to bring your cameras! Call or email me for info!
http://facebook.com/HudsonValleyHistoryDetectives
[email protected]
914-589-3985

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how did it go? Any surprises?

We did depth tests at 8” in heavily mineralized soil with two targets, a Liberty Silver Dime, and a 14K gold men’s wedding band (5-grams). We dug two plugs, and pushed the targets into the wall of the hole, then refilled it and tamped it down. Tests were done with a normal walking and hunting swing approach and pass over, and pinpointing the targets (just swinging directly over the targets). Using MINIMAL Discrimination (set just above Iron), the following machines either struggled with or missed one, or both targets:

CTX 3030; XP Deus; Whites DFX; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Whites V3i; Fisher F75; Bounty Hunter Platinum; Garrett AT Pro.

The Bisstool V3 with an 11” coil nailed both targets clearly from every direction it approached from. Every other machine struggled, and even the XP Deus owner and the three CTX 3030 operators said they probably would not have dug the signals they were getting. When I popped the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq into ALL METAL, I could hear both targets clearly, but NOT in Discriminate mode. There ARE drawbacks to the Blisstool.

It is not a beginner machine, and is a one tone, multi-knob Monster! The coils are NOT interchangeable between machines, and are made for the specific machine they are to be used on. They are expensive. So there are NO aftermarket coils, or replacing yours with one off of Ebay. It hits on ALL Metal, even with full discrimination, but the signal is “broken” and has a different modulation than no-ferrous targets. So you are still getting signals, no silent discrimination.

I’m not completely sold on the machine, but I was certainly impressed by its ability to nail a silver dime in hot dirt at 8”. It sounded like a quarter at 4” with the CTX 3030 and XP Deus. Just saying..

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Terry, you just answered two of my questions about Blisstools.:icon_thumleft:

Larry

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Greetings Hudson Valley History Detectives members and Non-members!

This month’s meeting will be on Wednesday, August 15[SUP]th[/SUP], at 7:00pm in White Plains. This month, we will meet at my home. I live in the Tanglewood Gardens complex, 260 Church Street, White Plains, New York 10603 – Feel free to call me 914-589-3985 for directions! There is PLENTY of FREE parking on Church Street, and in Visitor spots in parking lots on both sides of the complex. We will be demonstrating different metal detectors on the lawn and do some depth tests in my test garden – So Bring Your Machine!

GUEST SPEAKER: Barry Small, the American distributor for the new Blisstool metal detector, will demonstrate the machine at this month’s meeting. BRING YOUR MACHINE to test it on our depth pit and test garden! We will have a Minelab GPX 5000; CTX 3030; Etrac; Garrett AT Pro; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Sand Shark; Whites; Fisher; Blisstool and MORE!

This month’s discussion topic will be, “Target pinpointing and recovery techniques.” Have your questions and tips ready!

We will raffle off the Lesche digger donated to the club by NED at this meeting, then add those proceeds to the club’s “Perpetual 50/50” funds (there is already $30.00 in the pot from last month). Make sure you attend to get in on BOTH drawings!
Lesche Raffle - $5.00 per ticket (Limit two-tickets per member)
HVHD Perpetual 50/50 - $5.00 per entry (One entry per attending member)

Bring a lawn chair and your machine and we will set up out by my garage with an ice-chest, some chips and dip. I’ll supply the coffee, tea, ice, water, chips, pretzels & dip, you bring whatever you’re drinking, eating or want to share. You’ll have a chance to test your machine and compare it to others in a controlled and friendly environment using a variety of targets. Feel free to bring your cameras! Call or email me for info!
http://facebook.com/HudsonValleyHistoryDetectives
[email protected]
914-589-3985

How did the v3i do?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread