What's new

What a difference some rain makes!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
4,731
Reaction score
7,187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We finally got some much-needed steady rain here in Mass, so I took advantage of that, a rare day off during the week and a break in the rain to take a road trip to an old park I had hit previously in RI. It seemed like the wet ground brought the coins to life! Started off with a war nickel and Indian cent in holes no more than a foot apart, and went on to add 6 more Indians, one being an 1861 fatty and one 1904 that I put a fine gouge in (2 not shown due to being too corroded) and a 1909 wheat cent. Hopefully this kickstarts the season!

HH all..

-- Jeff --
 

Attachments

  • 100115finds 001r.webp
    100115finds 001r.webp
    155.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 100115finds 003r.webp
    100115finds 003r.webp
    99.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 100115finds 004r.webp
    100115finds 004r.webp
    140.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 100115finds 006r.webp
    100115finds 006r.webp
    95 KB · Views: 114
  • 100115finds 009r.webp
    100115finds 009r.webp
    155.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 28
Great finds Jeff,
I love me some fattys!! IHs that is..lol
 
great day Jeff i would have went home with a big smile!
 
It was a good day off you had! Congratulations!!
 
Well done Jeff,, I don't think I have ever had me a 5 Indian day.
It's raining steady here in NYC and is supposed to continue raining for the next 2 days.
Can't wait to see what the saturated ground holds for me.
 
Nice Indian heads Jeff, well done[emoji106]
 
Nice finds Jeff. I've been in a bit of a slump with only a merc and a couple of Indian heads the last few weeks. I'll try to finalize a date with Tony to get over to seated soon.
 
Nice finds Jeff. I've been in a bit of a slump with only a merc and a couple of Indian heads the last few weeks. I'll try to finalize a date with Tony to get over to seated soon.

Sounds great Ed- I have the feeling all this rain is going to help us have a great day! Talk soon....
 
Well done Jeff,, I don't think I have ever had me a 5 Indian day.
It's raining steady here in NYC and is supposed to continue raining for the next 2 days.
Can't wait to see what the saturated ground holds for me.

Rain just seems to bring the coins and night crawlers out for me! GL- hope you kick butt!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom