What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, there's things I won't drink . . . but not because I got sick drinking them. I just don't like them.

Malt Duck, Ripple (happily extinct), Jagermeister, any "lite" beer, and most "flavored" craft beers. I like hop flavored beer.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have never played "Ten Bubbles" with Thunderbird wine, ya just haven't lived. Ya pass the jug back and forth after exhibiting a "ten bubble" drink. The first one to pass out or hug the porcelain queen, loses. I was standing next to my buddy slappin' him on the back as he puked up his socks, asking him if he was quittin'.

I think I met a girl named "Ten bubbles" once whilst drinking one of the above aforementioned liqueur's.

:)

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whiskey.

The first time I ever tried it actually.

I was home alone at my grandparents house, and nobody would be there the next day either. I decided to have a "taste" of it. I raided the dusty liquor cabinet in the corner, (Oh please, you did stupid stuff when you were 18 too!) and filled up a pint flask that I had dug up and was in pristine squeaky clean condition. After drinking it for a while, I didn't feel anything. I figured, "Ha! I must be immune!" I didn't notice my hands and arms arcing like a birds wing every time I would reach for something while I was sitting down. In half an hour, I downed the whole pint. I stood up and immediately I said "Uh Oh. I thhhink I'm Ha- hammered." I walked into a wall, twice, stumbled down the hall, and flopped onto my bed, where I proceeded to puke my guts out.

The next day I felt very sick, but I cleaned everything up to the point that the FBI would never be able to incriminate me. No one ever knew, but to this day, several months later, I just look at whiskey and feel sick.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some kind of Boones Farm wine when we were teenagers. Friends parents were gone and so a party ensued. There was other booze there but that stuff was nasty. Bathrooms were a biohazard the next morning and my friends mom was nuclear over the mess we left.
Boone's Farm Apple Wine was a favorite back in the late 60's.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some kind of Boones Farm wine when we were teenagers. Friends parents were gone and so a party ensued. There was other booze there but that stuff was nasty. Bathrooms were a biohazard the next morning and my friends mom was nuclear over the mess we left.

Give me some Sam's Summer Ale or some Steel Rail Ale and I'm a happy camper........

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone here ever had everclear or devils springs vodka?.....used to drink a gatorade down to the label and then fill it back up with one of those in highschool....called it a shocker. the result was I spent new years eve praying to the porcelain gods for a few hours.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Got back to Okinawa from Viet Nam and drank saki and ate seaweed. Puked what looked like nasty spinach. That didn't make me quit drinking. My beautiful ( God Bless her now in heaven) told me she would marry me under a few conditions. Quit drinking , smoking and I had to teach her how to shoot and bow and fish.

So my wife made me quit drinking.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Probably 15 at the time, worked doing odd jobs to buy the cigarettes, grub, 12 pack daily. Best buddy was of age already so he was working at the mill, and had the truck.
So Chicken chow mein, then the 12 and for a strange reason a bottle of peach schnapps showed up.
Told buddy to pull over, I did the ditch throw. Got back in the truck and the group were cracking up, :laughing7:at me.
"Like you haven't puked before!"
Buddy said wiping the tears off his cheek from laughing.
" But what about the noodle hanging out of your nose!?"
I leaned my head out of the truck widow to stare in the side mirror-sure enough there it was flapping away in the nightly breeze 4" long.:laughing7:
Never drank schnapps again.....

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I would drink anything and everything if I thought it would get me drunk.When I was stationed in Okinawa my drinking buddies and I got on a bus from Camp Kinser and we headed off to Camp Hansen.We were in search of a drink we had heard stories about that we had to try for ourselves.The drink was the one and only MOJO.When we got to Hansen we headed to town too get us some of this mojo.About all I remember of this trip is that the mojo was served in 2 liter bottles and when I took the first sip I sensed I was drinking Hawaiian Punch.I thought to myself how can this crap get me drunk?About all I remember is that I managed to drink one bottle of mojo before blacking out.I did not touch mojo any more after that night.

Ed T

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Learnt when I was 16 that there's nothing good comes from drinking anything ending with "Jack". Did the Black jack, but I could not remember what happened with the Loganberry Jack.
Me and buddy rented a room to party in, we were late for the Monday morning work.
Not sure what happened blacked out for 2 days, it took a months wages to pay back my buddy for half of the party damage.
He doesn't remember either, went through 4 gallons though over the weekend.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learnt when I was 16 that there's nothing good comes from drinking anything ending with "Jack". Did the Black jack, but I could not remember what happened with the Loganberry Jack.
Me and buddy rented a room to party in, we were late for the Monday morning work.
Not sure what happened blacked out for 2 days, it took a months wages to pay back my buddy for half of the party damage.
He doesn't remember either, went through 4 gallons though over the weekend.

Yukon Jack tastes a little like Southern Comfort

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rum, I will never sail with Jerry again ! I like my Gin and tonics in the summer, a shot of GOOD Whiskey with my friend, and imported beer in green bottles ! And although it sounds like I listed a lot, I only have 2 - 3 drinks / beers a month. It just isn't worth it at this stage of the game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread