6.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 585

hntsjnk

Greenie
Nov 13, 2006
baltimore, MD>
Detector(s) used
cheep radio shack, and now coinmaster 6000/Di ser.3
Help us with some size,scale clues buddy...looks like part of an art-deco lampshade holder from here, but without any scale? ...I'm an idiot anyway so....

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Nice Greek Key pattern on it, whatever it is. I agree with hntsjnk, we need more info. Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Nov 2, 2006
WI
Well because I dont know whats what on it, I just added the size and such to a photo of it.
I was thinking it was a lamp part too, but there is only one hole on what could be the bracket so I dont know how it would be attached. Its around 1/16'' think it it can be bent by hand with little effort. I think it might be from the 1800s.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0
L

livewire

Johnny Bravo said:
Well because I dont know whats what on it, I just added the size and such to a photo of it.
I was thinking it was a lamp part too, but there is only one hole on what could be the bracket so I dont know how it would be attached. Its around 1/16'' think it it can be bent by hand with little effort. I think it might be from the 1800s.
loks like a gear out of an old cash register

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came back to this one, but still nuttin. I was leaning towards something used in lacemaking or tatting but that has been a dead-end. Can't figure why some tips have holes and some don't.

Is the end (left in the image) without the added wire intact or broken off?

Ornamental border edging for a lamp that had hanging beads or crystals?

32276.jpg

69042B.jpg

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Charlie P. (NY) said:
I came back to this one, but still nuttin. I was leaning towards something used in lacemaking or tatting but that has been a dead-end. Can't figure why some tips have holes and some don't.

Is the end (left in the image) without the added wire intact or broken off?

Ornamental border edging for a lamp that had hanging beads or crystals?

32276.jpg

69042B.jpg

I'm with ya... thats what I meant to say but didn't bother with pics... I think your right.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread