What's new

What do you do with cores?

Jatrox

Full Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
362
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kansas
I found a couple of flint hills cores at a known camp/quarry/workshop today. Have any of you knappers used ancient cores to make points? Not sure I want to destroy them but if they used them it must be good material right? What is the general census on ancient cores? For now they are just part of my collection

Resized_20251019_170625.webp
 
I wouldn’t hesitate knapping them. One creek I hunt in So IL has so many of those laying around you could fill buckets. The problem is that most are still lying there because they were rejects. They tested a nodule. Maybe worked it a bit. They took the good with them when they left and the rejects are what you are finding.
 
That makes sense. I was thinking maybe they got what they needed that trip and left them for the next time. I'll give them a few test strikes and see what happens
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom