What do you do with platinum and platinum group metals?

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As Clay alluded, your discovery would have it's best chance of development as a large well financed project. The current anti mining atmosphere here in the U.S. is problematic though. There is a seemingly endless supply of activists (NIMBY'S, native people, enviros, etc.) to delay every stage of development permitting etc., so legal fees alone can be show stoppers. There are at least two major mining projects here in Arizona that have been delayed for years. If the govt.can stop pipelines who knows what else they will try.

I wish you luck and prosperity.

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice is to weigh up what you have and net search for small refiners that work with platinum. Give them a call to see what their minimums weight requirement may be and what their fee schedule is. The group I'm working with for electronic scrap recycling has a weight limit but in my research I've come across small operations that might suit your needs. Give it a search.
This is the material I work on for gold, its been posted before in another thread.
IMG_Aviation contact material.jpg

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Clay alluded, your discovery would have it's best chance of development as a large well financed project. The current anti mining atmosphere here in the U.S. is problematic though. There is a seemingly endless supply of activists (NIMBY'S, native people, enviros, etc.) to delay every stage of development permitting etc., so legal fees alone can be show stoppers. There are at least two major mining projects here in Arizona that have been delayed for years. If the govt.can stop pipelines who knows what else they will try.

I wish you luck and prosperity.

My advice is to weigh up what you have and net search for small refiners that work with platinum. Give them a call to see what their minimums weight requirement may be and what their fee schedule is. The group I'm working with for electronic scrap recycling has a weight limit but in my research I've come across small operations that might suit your needs. Give it a search.
This is the material I work on for gold, its been posted before in another thread.
View attachment 1945153

Nice to see another scrapper amongst the group.

Attachments

• 238D9A72-DF07-42CF-BFEE-4D7204B6CF0F.jpeg
    238D9A72-DF07-42CF-BFEE-4D7204B6CF0F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions