What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice this on top

Patent applied for
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9126.webp
    IMG_9126.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
The brass end looks like the base of an incandescent bulb. Heat lamp?
 
Upvote 0
for comparison purposes:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.02.25 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.02.25 AM.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
The brass end looks like the base of an incandescent bulb. Heat lamp?

I thought that also, but if you look closely, the base is just a set of stacked rings, not a threaded spiral (like a bulb would be).
As for the red color, if this were a light bulb, I would think: chicken brooder light (even thought it's too small for one of those too).
 
Upvote 0
Thanks creskol, My alcohol lamp is identical to the one on the left. The tapered fit of the glass top seals it. I'd never seen one with a metal top like the one shown. If this is one piece, it looks like you'd have to pull the wick out each time you needed alcohol?
 
Upvote 0
I'd sure like to see someone date this item!
 
Upvote 0
I think Creskol nailed it. Congrats on the find and ID.
 
Upvote 0
I would like to find a date to been looking finding none the same
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
5
Views
493

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom