OP
OP
jtw1313

jtw1313

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn’t consider that solved as I think pot canister tobacco jar doesn’t really tell what it is or it’s use as that would be 3 different things. I’m sure it had a specific use

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn’t consider that solved as I think pot canister tobacco jar doesn’t really tell what it is or it’s use as that would be 3 different things. I’m sure it had a specific use
As plug n play's link calls it. It's a India hand carved "Container" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Container You could put a number of items in it that you'd like to contain all together. It's the kind of decorative thing they sell at import stores. Seems solved to me.

Upvote 0

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link I posted was somewhat frustrating. Couldn't get to the auction as it apparently is over and unavailable.
Twice I came across this name, ARCHANA, associated with these. I think this gives us an idea that this item is a modern day craft item, and not an antique.

It is nicely made, and the idea that it comes from a company that is helping India craftsmen struck me as a good thing.

Archana Handicrafts

Archana Handicrafts is a private business committed to helping Indian artisans by encouraging, developing and selling their traditional handicrafts. Archana means "a thing of truth and beauty" in the Sanskrit language. Headquartered in New Delhi, Archana markets products from artisan groups throughout India. Artisan groups range from single members to families to entire villages making brass and shesham wood items. Archana assists craftspeople with banking, design, training and management. The organization is committed to the principle of fair trade, and strives to practice fair trade throughout its supply chain, giving artisans a better standard of living. Archana supports small businesses as a way to help family artisans stay and thrive in their home villages. Archana encourages environmentally sustainable practices. Ten Thousand Villages has purchased products from Archana since 1977.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread