What's new

What is it?

Supriya

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20200529-WA0004.webp
 
Benedictine is a liqueur, so that would be a liqueur bottle. My father was a BIG fan of B&B which was Benedictine and brandy as I recall.
 
Upvote 0
it's a Benedictine bottle . your post and pics lack detail . as stated above Benedictine was a liqueur .
 
Upvote 0
First commercial production of Benedictine was in the 1870s, so the bottle won't be older than that. Benedictine bottles are difficult to date without the label, but there are some useful pointers here:

https://sha.org/bottle/liquor.htm#Benedictine bottles

Note that the usual indicators for age from bottle production methods used in America don't apply here. This will almost certainly be a European-produced bottle (probably French) where traditional glass-production methods were used into much later times. At a guess I would say this one is from the early 1900s.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a cool bottle nice for display a little more research on some of the markings might give you more info than what was provided.
 
Upvote 0
You know, with all this COVID problem going around, I think I'd clean that bottle up, re-fill it, and well.... :)

Nice find, unbroken.
 
Upvote 0
Very nice bottle. Congrat's.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
5
Views
482

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom