What's new

"What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

As a surveyor, I found a 4" iron post 4' deep.
Dug it up with a ditch bank blade. (brush ax)
Would have used a shovel, but it was miles to
the truck through rough country.

I have dug sanatary sewer man holes even
deeper.

I was using a Schonstedt Magnetic Locator.

As far as treasure hunting:

I had a place where I use to take my new MD's to check them out.

It's in a big old park with some history. It's a real trashy spot and is
a place where there is a good chance of finding goodies. Kind of
unknown by most MD'ers around here.

I had used a BH, a Garrett, a Fisher and then a Cibola. I found stuff
with all of them.

I got a Silver Sabre uMax and expected it's controls to be a lot like
the Cibola. They both have the same knobs and red a button for pin
pointing.

I dug a small brass bell that was real deep with the SS uMax and
then I got another signal close to the 12" deep hole I just dug. I dug and
dug. kept getting a signal. The hole got really big and the 12" hole became
part of the hole. Before long I had a 20" X 30" hole I could stand in and
still kept getting a signal.

I decided to check it out with my Cibola.

THERE WAS NO SIGNAL AT ALL!!! :icon_scratch:

That was the day I realized that the setting on the sensativity must be
set for the conditions. I proceded to learn to put my sensativity on the
edge, but not too close.

Sense then, I have learned even more in the field and on these forums.

For that, I thank you all.......... :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

I found a subway train.

Boy were they mad...... but it was such a good reading I couldn't stop digging....... :icon_jokercolor:

1194668417340.jpg
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

lol!
Cybercop106 said:
I found a subway train.

Boy were they mad...... but it was such a good reading I couldn't stop digging....... :icon_jokercolor:

1194668417340.jpg
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

LoL!

WoW! Where was that, CyberC?

That's amazing!

Best
rmptr
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

rmptr said:
LoL!
WoW! Where was that, CyberC?
That's amazing!
Best
rmptr

Actually it was overseas and apparently happened in Feb2007. This is what it said: "A 330-foot-deep sinkhole swallowed about a dozen homes and a number of cars in Guatemala City. Officials blamed the sinkhole on recent rains and an underground sewage flow from a ruptured main. The two bodies were found near the enormous fissure, floating in a river of sewage. The pit emitted foul odors, loud noises and tremors, shaking the surrounding ground. A rush of water could be heard from its depths, and authorities feared it could widen or others could open up."
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Ramapirate said:
Bright and early one morning I was pinging up Wrightsville Beach, N.C. pretty heavy, hitting handfuls of dropped change and hit a good signal that said it was a dollar. I had a scooper and a shovel with me and went at it. Two and a half feet later I found what ended up being a six pack of Coors in a trash bag with ice still around it. Someone must have buried it a few hours before I went down and were going to impress some friends by digging up cold beer that afternoon. I put it back in the ice and covered it back up. Didn't want to spoil the fun. I guess I should have at least left a note...

HH,
Ramapirate

You should have rewarded yourself with a cold one and left the empty with the rest of the beer. That would have given them something to wonder about. LOL

Ray S
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Right around a foot deep. At six inches I found a WW2 era dogtag but still got a signal from the hole, at 12 inches a double headed axe blade probably circa 1900ish. Also, a tent spike, also around a foot deep. (Thank God for full sized shovels....)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom