pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup! 🤣 I haven't worked out my method/s yet. I need some kind of belt or harness or something to hold all this... "stuff" on. (Maybe I just need to go back to bib overalls? 🤨)

That's what I've been doing, but I'm not doing well at centering my plugs. Seems I almost always have to dig into a sidewall; occasionally I lose the signal entirely. :dontknow:

Practice, practice, practice...
X or just go back and forth across the target to center the signal.
Right in the middle of the coil, just a tad in front where the stem connects.
Yes the sidewall targets happen.
Just part of the fun it seems.
One would think that after a half century of hole digging, one could master it-not.🤣

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
X or just go back and forth across the target to center the signal.
Right in the middle of the coil, just a tad in front where the stem connects.
Uh-huh. I've done all that stuff. Back & forth, turn perpendicular & repeat.

I'm just gonna keep on plugging... (pun intended)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when you pinpoint how do you know how deep the target is? Does it tell you so you know how deep to dig?
That's one of the main things I don't like about the Deus. At some of my locations, I hunt by depth more than target I.D. As a side note, the button you use to activate the pin point option is not the same button to turn it off! Annoying to me as every other detect I've ever owned, you use the same button.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's one of the main things I don't like about the Deus. At some of my locations, I hunt by depth more than target I.D. As a side note, the button you use to activate the pin point option is not the same button to turn it off! Annoying to me as every other detect I've ever owned, you use the same button.
What are you talking about?
You own a ETrac
Different button
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 1.25.19 PM.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not on mine. Same button to active and deactivate.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when you pinpoint how do you know how deep the target is? Does it tell you so you know how deep to dig?
I never use the pinpoint feature on any detector. I simply cross up the target and use that for center. After using the Deus 2 or most any machine enough you will get where you know roughly how deep the target is by sound and signal strength. Surface or near surface targets are easily recognized. Sometimes large or tiny targets will fool you on their depth.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with the 9 inch. Might take a bit longer to detect but it will be the best in a cluttered area

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go with the 9" coil. I went with the 11" and wish I would have gone with the 9".

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 inch all the way. I do woods/fields/parks/lakes. Anything larger in the lakes is a real pain. Pinpoint; I use the wiggle method, never put machine into the pinpoint mide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread