What's new

What is this handle from?

jml818

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
118
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug this in an old site and kills me to not know what it was used on. Any guesses?
What is the loop for?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0142.webp
    IMG_0142.webp
    226 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0144.webp
    IMG_0144.webp
    234.3 KB · Views: 89
I'm thinking its some kind of latch. To what I have no ideal.
 
Upvote 0
Our portable 185 cfm air compressor has a nut like that to clamp up the ball hitch. You can stick a breaker bar in the loop and tighten the heck out of it or loosen it with a bar also. I also thought it may be a single toggle bolt on an old time pressure cooker, but I'm not finding any examples of that.
 

Attachments

  • download.webp
    download.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Maybe a hood latch for an old time car or tractor.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom