What's new

What is this?

Rdh5832

Greenie
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
13
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chattanooga TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi guys. I live on missionary ridge in Chattanooga TN where a lot of battles took place. I metal detected my yard over the past couple days and found a few things. No idea what they are. I do believe the one photo is a railroad spike. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 72AA5544-D483-4D26-8C35-D809F56EB1BF.webp
    72AA5544-D483-4D26-8C35-D809F56EB1BF.webp
    408.3 KB · Views: 122
  • BF89554B-231C-491D-B132-AD137A81F3D2.webp
    BF89554B-231C-491D-B132-AD137A81F3D2.webp
    354.3 KB · Views: 94
  • E5617E56-FF04-46C6-87AF-A3122FDC6FA9.webp
    E5617E56-FF04-46C6-87AF-A3122FDC6FA9.webp
    518 KB · Views: 121
  • 172C5A80-17AA-45E8-A2B7-66FE65B067FE.webp
    172C5A80-17AA-45E8-A2B7-66FE65B067FE.webp
    980.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 00743211-44AC-42DC-8180-ACFBB87687A9.webp
    00743211-44AC-42DC-8180-ACFBB87687A9.webp
    635.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
The square piece is a nut. It most likely came from a fishplate. The fishplate was used to join two sections of rail together. You can see your nut in the picture below. I am not sure about the other two items but my gut feeling is they are 20th century.
 

Attachments

  • componentsofrailway.webp
    componentsofrailway.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom