What's new

What to do with old clad?

Marko0916

Full Member
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
223
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something tells me if I walk into a bank and try to exchange hundreds of dollars in worn out / dirty beach coins, they won't accept it. Nor will those change machines prob recognize them.

What are you all doing? I hate parting with any of my finds but keeping it all wouldn't make sense.

HH




T
 
Something tells me if I walk into a bank and try to exchange hundreds of dollars in worn out / dirty beach coins, they won't accept it. Nor will those change machines prob recognize them.

What are you all doing? I hate parting with any of my finds but keeping it all wouldn't make sense.

HH




T

I think a lot of guys use rock tumblers with a bit of aquarium sand and dawn dish soap. After a couple hours they're shined up. Your bank should be able to accept them as a deposit then.
 
sounds good to me...it should work.
 
Hmm. Rock tumbler, sounds interesting. Thank you
 
There is no need to do anything with your clad except a quick wash of obvious dirt. It will run through your banks coin counter or a coin star just fine. And banks do take any mutilated us coins, which they forward to the us gov for destruction.
 
SusanMN said:
There is no need to do anything with your clad except a quick wash of obvious dirt. It will run through your banks coin counter or a coin star just fine. And banks do take any mutilated us coins, which they forward to the us gov for destruction.

Thx, I'll give it a shot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom