What you need to have on the hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big frank said:
Jim101 said:
Good lists and I will use some of your ideas. Now, am I the only one that carries a gun? I have a permit, so I am legal.. Just wondering..

Jim

Nope, your not the only one! :)
No, it seems alot of us are pretty well armed http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99195.0.html

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
When you guys talk about cutting roots. I found that a heavy pair of wire cutters works great up to about 1/2".

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
I used to carry a backpack with various tools and the extra batteries. If I'm hiking a ways I still do. But for easy access parks and the like I leave almost everything in the car but:
Pinpointer
A well sharpened chisel(nice and sturdy and comfy handle)
Pouch
Detector

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
big frank said:
Jim101 said:
Good lists and I will use some of your ideas. Now, am I the only one that carries a gun? I have a permit, so I am legal.. Just wondering..

Jim

Nope, your not the only one! :)
No, it seems alot of us are pretty well armed http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99195.0.html
Kinda like my insurance card, Never leave home without it! All other tools go in an aviators helmet bag, detector in a shotgun hard case. The snake gaiters canteens & survival stuff is always in the jeep anyway.

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
when im deep in the woods I carry,my detector,small sport bag with tools,first aid small water and bag of honey roasted nuts or cashews,hard candy,few knives,20 rounds of Bulgarian 7.62 x 54 ammo,matches.and of course a little security,1944 Mosin Nagant M44 rifle.the gun weighs more than my tools,bag,snacks water and detector combined at 8,5 pounds but the old shoulder sling works well for carry and I do put the rifle down when Im swinging!! and yes,,it is loaded and will drop any 2 legged or 4 legged critter that wants to disturb my quiet time! :wink:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh, I thought a belt carried .45 long colt would be easier? :icon_scratch:
Or one of them Glocks.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Good stuff here... this story I mentioned last year but it came to mind again today... I get off work in the morning...usually change from black shoes to whites gym shoes...being in a hurry to start detecting, I am hunting about ten minutes and a guy walks by, gives me a weird look and keeps going. I keep thinking odd...not sure I deserved that kind of look...oh well. Then as I dug my first target bending down, I noticed I had one black work shoe on and one white gym shoe! :walk: :icon_cyclops_ani: :o :D Well I went quickly back to the car to change............ ;D So the same shoes or at least the same color shoes can be helpful....save my sock story while wearing shorts for another time! ::)

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
greydigger said:
Gosh, I thought a belt carried .45 long colt would be easier? :icon_scratch:
Or one of them Glocks.
Would love to have a pistol for carry,,but In NY state it isnt getting any easier!!!!them big ol Russian Rifles make quite a hole!!! :wink:

riverite

Sep 15, 2008
campbell river bc
Detector(s) used
ace250 with sniper coil
I like to have a few 2x2 inch zip lok bags, you can get a 100 for a a buck . any coins of interest slip it in stops rubbing together avoids damage till you get home and clean it up .also good for storing your collection and you can see in each bag

Attachments

• stud 009.jpg
    stud 009.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 649

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I carry everything I need in the trunk of my car, including extra coils, bottom rod, spare batteries, digging tools / probes, pin ponter, bug repellent, etc.. I do not need all these things on every hunt, but they are there if I need them.

Don't forget you water. You detectector should also be a major item. How many of us got the the hunting site and realized it was still at home. LOL

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions