Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel like I'm outgrowing my M6, I bought it new about 6-8 months ago... For the machine, waterproof covers for the box and display, the original coil as well as a 4x6" shooter, and the 10" dd, what's a fair asking price? The machine is in impeccable condition.

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

$600 sounds about right. The extra coils and it being less than a year old w remaining warranty ought to help you get that price.

Keep the coils and trade it in for a v3i. You won't outgrow that machine.

Or, keep the coils, sell the M6 for $350-400, then buy a used MXT Pro for around $500-600. A lot less invested than getting a new V3i and a lot better bang for the buck. The MXT Pro is a great logical step up from the M6. The two detectors have the same "guts" so it'll be an easy transition, yet the MXT will be a lot more versatile with more modes (eg: relic), tones (eg: 2-tone relic), threshold, etc. It will take you a long time to outgrow an MXT Pro.

I appreciate all the info, I've just been kicking the idea around a bit. It's just so hard to see past that thousand dollar mark... The MXT is basically the same machine I have... The v3i is a monster.

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

Love the one your with .....just keep the M6 unless you want a programmable detector. I never owned a V3i but if its anything like programming a police scanner .......forget it

The V3i is an awesome machine if you are willing to learn it. Once you get it programmed for your hunting style and soil its a "turn on and go machine".

you haven't out grown it un till some one with a dfx xlt finds some then you can't un till then enjoy it and do some research to help your odds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back