What's new

Wheats and silver this AM

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Sunday morning I worked in a 2-hour hunt before church.
Certainly was the "cool" part of the day and I stuck to the shaded areas beneath the large oaks. Here I found the plugs easy to dig as the soil had not be dried out. Worked some weak but repeatable high-tones with good results: a junk earring, Sterling crucifix, and three wheats: '29, '30, and '45. Just haven't come across those silver coins yet.

Maybe next time.

Happy huniting!
Finds.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Short but, Sweet hunt and silver to boot. Congtrats on another Sweet hunt!!
 
That silver crucifix has been well worn, cool digs! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Thanks deershed! 2nd silver jewelry item for me from this couple acre park. Plenty of areas yet to be investigated.
 
Thanks Underminer! Yes, so much so that the word "STERLING" is mostly worn off the back; there is a hallmark.
 
Thanks Art! Sort of stumbled on a sweet spot. That 1930 wheat was down 7 inches.
 
Thanks Trezurehunter! Always nice to add some shine to the finds!
 
Sweet silver,
Wheats at 7 inches may mean there are silver coins around. Especially with those dates.
Very nice hunt,, Congrats
 
Thanks ATW! Down to the last 9 days of detecting in the city before we're shutdown for July and August, so I don't know if I'll get back to this place.
 
Congrats on those finds, seems like you never have to worry about being skunked.
 
Thanks L-D! I'm having a good streak right now. Went to Druid Hill park today for 4+ hours and met an old-timer who used to hunt the parks in the 70s and 80s. We shared some stories. I'll post today's finds tonight...it was a phenomenal hunt.
 
Nice finds Id be happy silver coins will come Good Job!!!
 
Thanks L-D! I'm having a good streak right now. Went to Druid Hill park today for 4+ hours and met an old-timer who used to hunt the parks in the 70s and 80s. We shared some stories. I'll post today's finds tonight...it was a phenomenal hunt.

Looking forward to your post. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom