What's new

When detecting

boojababy

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
222
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you walk back and forth anyone else catch themselves walking diagonal instead of straight?
 
Sure, but I used to line up on an object in the distance and walk toward it. Worked ok...
 
I have a time or two.
 
Only when I detect by sight do I veer diagonal. If I can find mower lines in the turf I'll use those as a reference.

Sometimes I grid in tight overlapping alternating circles that spiral outwards. I find it more effective than straight gridding, and the ground gets swept from many angles. Takes more time though.
 
No, but sometimes if i'm looking for an ornery target and iv'e been crouched down for a few minutes, I will get back up and walk the way I just came from ! Lucky for me it only takes a split second to realize I need to turn back around.
 
Most everyone has one leg shorter than the other. This causes one to not walk straight.
You can also use this reasoning to try to not get a DUI.
 
I couldn't walk a straight line if my life depended on it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom