What's new

When you least expect it! Wowzers!!!!!

Metal Illness

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
612
Reaction score
722
Golden Thread
0
Location
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would share this with the community. This was found about 50 miles south of where I live. I know we all wish for a "FIND" of a lifetime like this. These are even more rare than birdstones. Although it was "Dug" who knows what you may walk up on one day laying there waiting to be found.


Rare, Native American artifact discovered in Newtown | WVXU

Enjoy, Bill
 
Upvote 0
Hey Metal Illness!! Thanks for the Info!! Really Nice Piece!! WOW!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
It looks fake boom lol
 
Link won't go?
 
I don't see the hybrid "part bird, part cat."

engravedshellgorget_%284%29.jpg


Here's what I see ...
turtles_1603556i.jpg


I lived in Japan for five years and studied Japanese in grad school. They have tongue-twister that translates to "On top of the parent turtle is the child turtle, and on top of him is the grandchild turtle."
親亀 の 上 に 子亀, 子亀 の 上 に 孫亀。
Oyagame no ue ni kogame, kogame no ue ni magogame.

This gorget looks to me like the Native American version of that tongue-twister.

--GHP
 
Last edited:
Darn ghp! Thats an observation now! Nice
 
Darn ghp! Thats an observation now! Nice

Thanks, Peachy; but I'm not an archaeologist/anthropologist, so my opinion/observation is probably moot.

--GHP
 
I read the article on this find, very nice and a cool find.
 
That whole area is full of artifacts. They started a artifact museum in a old fire house there recently. I believe it is mostley fort ancient. Thanks for the post.
 
That whole area is full of artifacts. They started a artifact museum in a old fire house there recently. I believe it is mostley fort ancient. Thanks for the post.

Your welcome Catherine, I thought, we that collect would appreciate this piece. I don't know about the turtle comparison, uninformed I guess.
 
...I don't know about the turtle comparison, uninformed I guess.

I agree; so, please inform me: how does one get a hybrid "part bird, part cat" from the drawing? Serious question -- I'm in a learning mode.

--GHP
 
I agree; so, please inform me: how does one get a hybrid "part bird, part cat" from the drawing? Serious question -- I'm in a learning mode.

--GHP


You have to zoom in really close on the picture.....

untitledmeowl.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom