Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hari has some good questions . I hope someone replys

Akronplacer

Jan 3, 2022
I got the 9 because smaller coils are better at finding small targets. I'm hoping to use it for gold pickers on the creek as well as relics in the fields.

From what I can see form the videos available, the deus 2 is just as good as the deus in heavy iron but also has a bunch of improved features over the deus 1 that can help eliminate the iron. Also with ultra high reactivity, it seems to be able to knife through and separate just fine.

The stability at low reactivities is what sold me on the device. I need that to find the tiny gold I'm after. The orx with the 9in elliptical set on 81khtz and a reactivity of 1 would just barely pick up a 0.019 flake on gold in the air but it was too unstable on the ground to be usable at that point.

I'd love to have 81khtz with the deus 2 but alas....I'd also love to have a 9in elliptical for it too but....you know. Whatever.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Deus I and II. Will try out the II tomorrow. Each will have its own better uses. I have the HF 9" elliptical loop with the Deus I. It will be better going between corn rows and in tight spots. I chose the 11" coil for the Deus II for two reasons, first that combo is easier to purchase right now and second, I wanted a slightly larger coil for wide open spaces. I have sites that match both descriptions. From what I've read in the manual the II will have three coils available. A 9", 11" and 13". From what I've been told there are no plans for elliptical coils or HF type coils for the II coming along. At least not this year.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everyone, if anyone has the two coils for the D2 I would like their opinion as to which coil
would be best for me. land 80% and ocean beach 20% ?
Also I would be interested to know if the D2 outperforms the D1 with eliptical coil in heavy trash/iron sites?
Perhaps Calabash digger or anyone who has both coils could answear this.
Thank you.
I have an 11" and a 9" for my XPD2. Hit a curb strip the other day and the 9" performed very well in the dense trash in the narrow curb strip I worked. Backed off the Sens and increased the Reacitvity to 4. Got 3 silvers out of there and some wheats. I was speeding along, the curb strips were narrow and I was in big KAREN country. The 2 houses were up for sale and unoccupied. I used the 11" in the parks and it performs very well. Separation is very good. Depth is impressive. Hope they come out with a 9 x 5 Sniper than can get into the densest of trash. I had the 13 x 11 for my XPD1, but did not hang onto it very long. To heavy and very little use.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an 11" and a 9" for my XPD2. Hit a curb strip the other day and the 9" performed very well in the dense trash in the narrow curb strip I worked. Backed off the Sens and increased the Reacitvity to 4. Got 3 silvers out of there and some wheats. I was speeding along, the curb strips were narrow and I was in big KAREN country. The 2 houses were up for sale and unoccupied. I used the 11" in the parks and it performs very well. Separation is very good. Depth is impressive. Hope they come out with a 9 x 5 Sniper than can get into the densest of trash. I had the 13 x 11 for my XPD1, but did not hang onto it very long. To heavy and very little use.
How did you manage getting both coils for the XPD2?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread