What's new

WHISPERS - DEEP SILVER

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL BUT THE SMALL SOLID BAND WERE FAINT FAINT WHISPERS FROM HEAVILY HIT SPOT
HUNTED IN ALL METAL WITH HIGH SENSITIVTY = CZ21
2 OF THE DIMES ARE MERCS OTHER IS A ROOSY
MEDALS ARE STERLING - SOLID BAND 925 - FRIENDSHIP RING IS STERLING

 
Upvote 0
Nice goin', Casper...as usual!:hello2:

Nothing gets past you out there....great hunting!

Lorraine
 
Always love the faints.
 
Nice hunt Casper. Thanks for providing the techniques. I do use them and it has helped. When I listen for the whispers it causes me to slow down. When I slow down my senses start to take over. Swinging Zen

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Nice Finds: Are whispers a break in treshold when you pass over the target in the all metal mode with high sensitivity ?
Or are they tone(s)/chirp(s) that the discriminator is not able to classify? Or are they both?
 
Nice Finds: Are whispers a break in treshold when you pass over the target in the all metal mode with high sensitivity ?
Or are they tone(s)/chirp(s) that the discriminator is not able to classify? Or are they both?
I run with a hum or tone in all metal - these whispers are slight fluctuations in that hum - sometimes it may be a rock or bump in the sand
but when I get the slightest change in tone I recheck - I will usually fan a few inches with my dive boot and recheck
if a true target - the tone will increase slightly - then I dig = 9 times out of 10 these deep signals are keepers
 
Nice hand of treasure!!
 
Nice old finds...congrats.
 
Wow those coins really look corroded. I assume you were hunting salt water beach. Was this on shore or out in the water?
 
Mahalo (thank you) for the expanded explanation.
From my experience, it is the same for the excalibur when hunting in all metal mode.
What I am trying to wrap my mind around, is why the ratio of keepers (9 out of 10) would be so high?
Is that unique to the CZ21 metal detector?

Nice Finds: Are whispers a break in treshold when you pass over the target in the all metal mode with high sensitivity ?
Or are they tone(s)/chirp(s) that the discriminator is not able to classify? Or are they both?
 
Mahalo (thank you) for the expanded explanation.
From my experience, it is the same for the excalibur when hunting in all metal mode.
What I am trying to wrap my mind around, is why the ratio of keepers (9 out of 10) would be so high?
Is that unique to the CZ21 metal detector?
I hunt deeper water than most - most places the farther out you go - less junk you get
New England saltwaters - eat iron/steel up - older bottle caps and other small thin steel dissolve up here
aluminum does too in some spots - bottle caps/pull tabs you see in any of most of my pics (from my waters)- usually are more recent
losses and most times are pulled from shallows - entering or leaving the water
if its low tide - and I am out towards my limits at an older spot and I get a faint signal - 9 times out of 10 - its going to be a keeper
by keeper - I don't just mean coins or rings - I mean lead brass copper items too - so a sinker would be a keeper
I also try and take out all the trash I can over the yrs - so older trash will be less and less - hopefully at spots I been hitting for awhile
 
Nice finds Casper. And thanks for the great water hunting advice you provide.
 
Casper, as usual you are a wealth of information. Congrats on the nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom