Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out in the frigid morning with Heavymetalnut to hunt a new cellar hole I discovered. Luckily most of the ground was soft enough to get through with enough elbow grease, some spots was solid as granite. I found this neat little whistle along a rock wall about 6 inches down. Can anyone properly ID this whistles approximate age? Heavymetalnut found 6 buttons one in which I'm very fond of, an excellent colonial floral design. Thanks for lookin.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,612
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,640
Upvote 0
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
that's a cool find and i'm waving a vibra probe pin pointer at ya as trade bait! shoot i may even toss in the button :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Hmmmm... :icon_scratch: This is gettin good!

KylePA said:
Any relic that may have militia connections makes for a great hunt! That whistle is one of the first I've seen posted on here, Sniffy!
I imagine an infantry captain blowin that whistle to keep his men in line.

Sniffy said:
KylePA said:
Any relic that may have militia connections makes for a great hunt! That whistle is one of the first I've seen posted on here, Sniffy!
I imagine an infantry captain blowin that whistle to keep his men in line.

After the captain's unsuccessul whistle blows, I can picture the militia men, who were already staggering drunk, laughing it off and dancing in line. :laughing9: :laughing9: The captain, no matter how many times he blew that whistle, could not control his men during that muster in 1796. :headbang: :laughing9:

Very cool looking whistle I think its on alot of wish list to find even something half as nice! :icon_sunny:

THE REST OF THE STORY.......After the Captain saw his privates laughing and dancing, he threw the first thing he could
get his hands on - the whistle - at them. Hit one of the buggers, too. But, try as they did, they couldn't find the little
whistling thing.....they were going to throw it back at the Captain. (Them loosing it and not being able to find it probably
saved them a couple of days in the brig.) WOW!!! That whistle had some kinds of history written all over it. :laughing7:

Great find and Congrats!! Hogge :headbang:

Thanks for all the replies. The whistle is an awesome peice of history! The weather here in Connecticut has taken a turn for the worse and I don't know when the next time I'll be able to get out again. Hopefully soon so I can keep posting interesting relics such as this.

SNIFFYYYY
whats up!?!?! nice finds...!!!
and do me a favor... take a trip to Sundown for me!!!
ill be there next month!! last year i didnt get to call ya!!
maybe this time we can hang out and ski together!
is Gunbarrel all iced over??? HAHAHA ill hang out on Toms Treat!!!

i cant wait for to hang with my snow BFFs!!!!
Kell

K*E*L*L*Y said:
SNIFFYYYY

Kell
That'd be cool...I didnt' get get out at all this year yet to ski. But I see the lights every night and really want to get up there and bomb down gun barrel! I hear florida got hit with a cold spell..whats up with that?

Sniffy said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
SNIFFYYYY

Kell
That'd be cool...I didnt' get get out at all this year yet to ski. But I see the lights every night and really want to get up there and bomb down gun barrel! I hear florida got hit with a cold spell..whats up with that?

IT F'IN SNOWED HERE! I HAVE SOME PICS TO POST!!! its been bedlam!! LOLOLOLMFAO!!!
I cant wait to meet up with my bestEs in ct.... and my cousin too...
Im worried about Gun barrel!!!!!
YIKES!!! you know im gonna cry going up the chairlift! LOL HAHAHA i still have my lift tix from
last year!! we shall have a grand old time in N.H ct!

What a great find! Not identical to the link posted (which is from an estate in your neck of the woods), but very similar.

Maybe someone took a spill off their horse and lost it, 200 years ago.

AWESOME!
Neil

Re: Whistle found in Colonial Cellar Hole

Knightwalker said:
Neat looking whistle. Kind designed like the one on the Flintstone's. You think it's from the stoneage. :laughing7:
Now you can whisle while you work. ;D
Have a prosperous 2010
:laughing9:

Found one last summer exacthly like it. Be very careful I cleaned mine just a little and it broke in half. Mine came off a old military academy site. Still hurts thinking about how mine broke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back