Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's DFX PLUS Sunray Pointer for Minelab E-trac

I have a White's DFX with Sunray Pointer that I'd like to trade for a Minelab E-trac. The Sunray pointer is nearly new. I bought it two weeks ago. The DFX is used and has a few scratches on it but functions perfectly. The only "bad" thing is the rechargeable battery. It takes a charge fine and will last for several hours of detecting but if left in the detector it seems to lose its charge too quickly. I suspect it is nearing the end of its service life. I have a back-up battery pack that uses AA batteries. I replaced the original concentric coil with an Eclipse 6"X10" DD coil (with cover). I find that the DD coil provides more precise target separation in trashy areas. Add the Sunray pointer which is actually a 1" handheld coil and target locating is about as simple and precise as it gets. Center with the main coil, flip the switch to activate the Sunray probe, dig, locate, and recover. All the tones from the Sunray come through your earphones and other target information is shown on the screen just as if you were using the main coil.

If you have a used E-Trac you are willing to part with and would like to try a DFX, let me know what kind of deal you will make me. Photos available on request.

Storm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread