John (Ma)
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jul 12, 2007
- Messages
- 3,637
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western Massachusetts
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
- #1
Thread Owner
White's M6 or Minelab x-terra 70?
What is everyones opinions on the best model? I have been racking my brain! I would like to do mostly, coins and jewlery in parks and yards, but would also like to do some cellar holes and beaches, too. I understand that, thats an awfull lot for any one detector to handle perfectly, but I cannot afford one of everything. Is there another model to consider maybe? I am looking for dependibility and long lasting, too. Thanks
What is everyones opinions on the best model? I have been racking my brain! I would like to do mostly, coins and jewlery in parks and yards, but would also like to do some cellar holes and beaches, too. I understand that, thats an awfull lot for any one detector to handle perfectly, but I cannot afford one of everything. Is there another model to consider maybe? I am looking for dependibility and long lasting, too. Thanks

For durability I think the whites metal box machines are tops.I haven't used the M6 on the beach yet but it has a beach auto track GB setting and other users like it.I can't comment on the X 70, but there is no learning curve on the M6, it goes deep, has a bunch of optional coils available,and is fun to use.If i knew how good this machine was before I got it ,I would have gotten the MXT instead, Its the big brother of the M6,has a few more options, but runs on the same freq. and uses the same coils. ..Its a choice you have to make,you probably won't go wrong with either one... Good Luck,,HH..Rich. in S.La. 8)






