Who owns it?

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I own it and will send you my address for delivery. :icon_thumleft:

Welcome aboard Find 1000, I am sure some of the boys from Florida will give you a legit answer.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Welcome to Tnet.
If you don't tell anyone about it, I guess you own it.
If you tell someone about it, you may end up losing it all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simonds said:
Welcome to Tnet.
If you don't tell anyone about it, I guess you own it.
If you tell someone about it, you may end up losing it all.

:thumbsup:

it was handed down through your Family for Generations !
Correct ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real answer... The person who owns the land owns the treasure. Then the state will claims it owns it, then the federal gubment will tax you for finding it. Then the county sherriff will probably throw you in jail for tresspass, larcency and destruction of property.

Still going treasure hunting?

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exactly why so many cache finds are never made public......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The city owns it. Want proof? Claim you found a 5 pound gold nugget on city property and see what happens. This is just a smaller version.

Personally, I pick it up and say "What $5 bill? I never saw a $5 bill." :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Jason in Enid said:
The city owns it. Want proof? Claim you found a 5 pound gold nugget on city property and see what happens. This is just a smaller version.

Personally, I pick it up and say "What $5 bill? I never saw a $5 bill." :thumbsup:

Correct response!! Ding Ding Ding !!!!
" What $5 bill" is the correct response.
Another way of saying, you own it. Find1000 could have owned it, but you picked it up first, so now you own it. ;D If you go and dig up Find1000's buried treasure before he does, you will own that too. Correct response is " What buried treasure?" :D

HH
Ray S ECenFL

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
CWnut said:
exactly why so many cache finds are never made public......

:dontknow: Er what cache, i never saw a cache, nope don't know what your talking about. This thing, oh this been in the family for years, passed down to me when i was too little to remember. Nope, don't know anthing about a cache, can't even spell it. :dontknow:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm not a lawyer & I don't play one on TV but my opinion is the land owner owns it. Even if that land owner is the state. It can't be compared to Mel Fisher or anyone else who finds treasure under water since the water isn't owned by any particular individual. With that said, the laws may be different from state to state & I don't live in Fla.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by the way "Who owns it? "

I Do !

I Have stuff my Great Great Great Pirate Uncle
Cpt. Morgan
Buried down there.

So if you find it, Ship it my way :coffee2:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insert questions here>...... Responses ~ "Cash? It's mine. I got it from the bank." ..... "Whatcha mean, cash-aye? I got cash, but it's mine. By the way, you don't sound Irish to me." ... "Are you pullin' my leg?" ... "I ain't got no idea what the heck you're talkin' about." ... "Why don't you go on down the street and find someone else to aggravate? I ain't got time for your BS." ... "You better leave me alone 'fore I raise ah oohwie knot on your head." ... "Ah oohwie knot when you rub your hand over your head and say Oohwie! You gonna have some if'n you don't leave me alone."

Say nothing. Show no one. DON'T reveal a thing.

Who's the owner now, Darlene....?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread