Why cant Americans do this?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because we already have a huge detecting sales market. I promise you, if the manufacturers thought they could double sales, they would be lobbying to open up new lands. Currently Ireland has a zero sales market, so there is a large sales potential there.

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, thanks for sharing my link...

This has nothing at all to do with sales. It has everything to do with promoting and saving our pastime.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if you want the manufacturers to get behind us and give us real power, they have to be motivated by sales. Otherwise, they would have already stood up for us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Promoting and saving the pastime - as Dick says - is in the interests of ALL manufacturers ... but which one has the courage to go put a little money behind the project ... like Garrett has sponsoring TV programmes?

Incidentally, Liam's film isn't sponsored or promoted in any way by manufacturers ... detectorists and archaeologists have done it all themselves. Best of luck to them. Considering the situation in the Republic of Ireland, don't you think it interesting that Minelab should have its European base situated in Cork?

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't underestimate the concern manufacturers have for promoting our pastime. Lots of good and caring people among them.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, thanks for sharing my link...

This has nothing at all to do with sales. It has everything to do with promoting and saving our pastime.
What are we saving it from :icon_scratch: The threats to out hobby are many, and just a matter of time before it's dead.:sadsmiley:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread