Why hasnt the government figured it out yet?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why hasn't the government figured it out yet?

It's as plain as the moon in the sky on a clear night. The Chinese are crafty people. They have devised the means of conquering our country from within. No revolutions, no shooting or bombing, etc. They are doing it just like Regan did the Soviet Union. They are planning on and for the most part suceeding on wrecking our economy. Again Just like Regan did the Soviet Union. They are slowly gaining control of our economy and will eventually bankrupt the country. The net result is we will become a second rate power like the European countries have done in the past 40 or so years. And how are they doing this? They are buying up all our countrie's Treasurey Bonds and will collect big on the due dates. They are supplying our enemies with arms to keep us spending billions of our economy on wars across the globe. They are quickly becoming the backbone of our economy by lending us great sums of money for economically unsound government "recovery" programs. They are importing trillions of dollars of goods into our stores for every day consumption like clothing, electronics, etc., thus putting our home found businesses out of business because they cannot compete with the Chinese market. Just check out the label in the clothing at your local Wal-Mart. It is so easy form we the common people to see, but has our government gone blind? Or are they just eaten up with greed? Monty

C

Cappy Z.

Re: Why hasn't the government figured it out yet?

It is so easy form we the common people to see, but has our government gone blind? Or are they just eaten up with greed? Monty

Our country is owned by corporate America/World.

By design the power brokers (not Congress) have created an Economic Totalitarian State.

No jobs. No future jobs. We are corporate slaves.

The only increase in jobs: prison guards, police, builders of prisons and jails.

We live in a Police State.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

Cappy Z. said:
It is so easy form we the common people to see, but has our government gone blind? Or are they just eaten up with greed? Monty

Our country is owned by corporate America/World.

By design the power brokers (not Congress) have created an Economic Totalitarian State.

No jobs. No future jobs. We are corporate slaves.

The only increase in jobs: prison guards, police, builders of prisons and jails.

We live in a Police State.

Absolutely, and it is going to get much worse........ how much worse? Beyond your wildest nightmares.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

The government knows that we're dumb enough to keep voting for status quot and they don't have to listen anymore because we don't change our vote.

They will screw up as long as you do the same by keeping the same people in office.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

I have spoken with several companies (on the toll free customer service number) as to why they build overseas. The answer is simple. It is cheaper. I find it hard to believe that is it cheaper to pay other countries and ship it to us, than it is to pay our workers in the first place. They pay the workers next to nothing and the CEO's millions. Woolrich (outdoor clothing company) makes nothing in the US. Carhartt only makes one jacket in the US and the rest is made in China.

I think, in a way, that is it our fault. We are always looking to get more bang for our buck and to get it cheap. The only ryplace you can get stuff that is cheap and cheaply made is China.

The only thing that we can do is to call and complain to our senators.

C

Cappy Z.

i had a very deja vu type experience recently. I turned around and almost instantly I was overwhelmed with the feeling we are living under Roman Authority. I honestly believe it is the same 'corporate' structure along with corrupt govt officials. Time has changed, but the 'power' that is...is.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang, I don't know I understand all I know about some of the responses. I thought it was pretty simple or at least it is for me. I thought it was our corporate power and industrial mite that caused us to win WWII. I know that was the backbone of our war effort. But then everyone pitched in and was eager to do their part. Whatever happened to patriotism, love of country and respect for the flag? Perhaps that was the real backbone of our country not just in WWII but from the conception of our nation? No perhaps, it was. Where'd it go? Does it only exist in the hearts of the older generation? Monty

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Patriotism is still alive. It's a natural thing. People want to like and help their neighbors, community, and right on out to their country. I think that, along with this is the desire to believe in our elected and appointed officials.

But there is a problem with elections. If you look at the original Constitution, it has it set up that whoever gets the most votes for President, is President; and whoever gets the second most votes is Vice President.

Then they changed it to the "party system." So then there was nobody that could watch what was going on except the Presidents pal.

When you've taken a multiple choice test, you may have noticed that sometimes the correct answer is not given as a possible choice. When they went to the "party" system, our elections became a "multiple choice" system. That narrows it down to only those that the people currently in power want as choices. And that, of course, means "no real choice." From there it's a runaway locomotive.

Look what happened when Ross Perot unexpectedly ran for President. The lives of he and his family were threatened. The Secret Service couldn't protect him? And the Secret Service couldn't figure out who was responsible? Were any arrests ever made? Did anyone ever go to prison for that? Why not?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's why our country is a republic instead of a democracy. In a democracy the majority of the people always come out on top. The electoral college is the backbone of a republic however. It is designed so that a minority will have the same clout as a simple majority. That's also how our constitution is being interpreted by the supreme court. For example, gay rights, women's rights, minority protection, etc. If we were a simple democracy most if not all our presidents and vice presidents would be either from the east or west coast just because of the population distribution. A person from the middle of the country might have a shot if from Chicago or Dallas/Ft. Worth, but the odds would be against them. If we were a true democracy only the white christian American would have the power and the others would have no say in anything. I suppose if you are a member of the Arian Brotherhood that would make you happy, but I wouldn't want to live like that even though I am of the WCA persuasion with a little Native American thrown in. Monty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

al gore WHEN VICE PRESIDENT running for president was CAUGHT taking $300,000 in "illegal" chinese money funneled via --the monstary connection * --hello people !!! the chinese are buying off our corrupt policiticans who gobble it up like pigs at a trough -- allowing them to gut our system from within -- sun tzu * the art of war --destroy your enemy by ruinig his ablity to make goods -- bussiness is war !!! even if done at cost only --undercut his bussiness's your people will thus be working while his are idle --your country will strengthened --while his faulters -- people by their very nature are cheapstakes and will buy the lowest price they can find * even if it hurts their country in the long term --our american "leaders" if wize and honest will block this from occuring --so chginese corrupt them with money not to do so. -- thus your enemy is ruined without going to war --and if war breaks out --the enemy is already weakened and thus much eazier to beat

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is the gist of what I was saying! But I buy Chinese because that is all I can find in the stores any more, not because I am tooocheap to buy American. Just where can I find an all American store? Nowhere! And why would a retailer buy from an American company when they can pay half as much to a Chinese sweat shop where they pay almost nothing and use child labor? It's not so much the buyers as it is the retailers. Monty

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Monty;

Monty said:
That's why....

I guess I'm a little dense today or something. I'm having trouble figuring out what your "that" refers to. :icon_scratch:

I see what you're saying about the electoral college system, but I'm not sure that I can immediately agree with it. Isn't the number of electoral votes allotted according to population? Then it would be that way in order to simulate an individual popular vote, wouldn't it? I can see that in the old days that it would be really hard to get a vote from each individual person transported to the capitol, so they had local voting and then had representatives from each state cast their votes in the Presidential elections. I thought that was the reason for the electoral college. I'm not sure that somehow helps or hurts minorities, though. :-\

By the way, since I already mentioned Perot, in reference to stuff being made overseas now, didn't he say something about a "Giant sucking Sound"? :sign13:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

monty the problem is we have let the disease take root too strongly * --too much of our economy is now linked with chinese manufactoring and they hold too much of our treasury notes ) if we got "tough" and yried to block imports --they demand payment on those treasury notes wreaking our economic standind world wide -- plus they have corrupted our key officals -- ie we're screwed.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The that I am referring to is the weakening of the government by destroying the economy. Once the economy is gone so is everything else in turn just like dominos. Just like we did the soviet union! Monty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

oh one can make money (lots of money really)--if one is utterly ruthless and doesn't care about countries or people or what the effecys ogf ones actions are --just profiets --- lots of wealthy folks made a ton of money shorting the markets --knowing they would plunge deeply after the 9/11 attacks (nervious investors) yep they made a bundle --those "blood sucking" leeches

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not sure I understand what you would have our representatives do.

Personally, I hate some of the ridiculous trade agreements we have, and to have China as the "most favored nation" status, I really do not understand. The exact same type of government is what tripled our cost of sugar because of not being able to trade with Cuba, but its ok for China? :dontknow:

Do we them to trash all the trade agreements? Our fruits and veggies (especially during winter) would either be non-existent or so expensive, we couldn't afford them at all. We could convert to all sugar from beets, but we would be asking for a complete re-tool of agriculture - and since we are losing agricultural land every day, it would reduce other products that they grow.

And some countries give us products we could never have here, and they never screw up on things like putting melamine to increase protein levels.

The states, in particular, and the legislature of the US in general, DO need to close the tax loopholes that Wal~Mart - and every other corporation - uses to reduce their tax burdens.

The other problem - especially right now - is that there are millions of people who cannot afford what they need unless they go to places like Wal~Mart. (and other like places, like Family Dollar, etc.).

I really think we need to have tariffs for every supposed American company that makes their products overseas.

Even if Carharrt only makes on coat here, all the others they make overseas is NOT reduced in price - they are still expensive, so, its not a case of making things more affordable, but rather, a better profit for them. (just like any/every other company that does it).

It is a result of what we pride ourselves to be - capitalists. Where an individual or company can expect to make the best profit they can.

What kind of laws could be made that doesn't interfere with that principal?

B

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

foriegn people sell their goods at near cost ( thus *dumping their goods here) undercutting our jobs -- they use manufactoring methods that are outlawed here -- like jail /slave labor --child lbor and other tactics that we can not match by law --so they have a competive edge that we can not by law match .

so are we to just allow them to dump their cheaper products that our own legal american manufactorers can not match ? in effect put our own bussiness out of bussiness --or forcing the to relocate "overseas" so that they too can "cheat" on a fair basis ? -- driving our workers out of jobs--

our leaders (if they were honest) would place tarriffs to level the feild so that exploitive countries can not just gut our markets in this manner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread