WIFE WHOOPED ME LAST HUNTS: SPAIN REALE, 1600s BUCKLE, IRISH 1/2d, BARBER QUARTER...

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well what can I say...sometimes it goes that way. Don't get me wrong, I got lots of buttons, buckle pieces and modern drops like mercury dimes, indians and neat trinkets but my passion is OLD AS POSSIBLE. And my wifes buckle is EXACTLY what i am looking for. No matter, I get to play with it too. lol

I'll spare you the photos of all the other, mostly utilitarian stuff. Here are the best 4 finds in raw form. I did get a couple halfpennies but they are just spent discs. My only find shown here is the gem cuff link button.

1805 reale
1660-1720 buckle frame (similar to Whitehead 624)
1760s Hibernia halfpenny
Early to mid 18th century gem cuff link button

Attachments

• DSCN0976.JPG
    DSCN0976.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
  • DSCN0971.JPG
    DSCN0971.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 182
  • DSCN0974.JPG
    DSCN0974.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • DSCN0978.JPG
    DSCN0978.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Upvote 19
We had a lot of fun. The weather was/ is fantastic. Amazingly, we are STILL waiting for many farmers to get soybeans harvested. Never seen anything like this - going on mid Dec and having to wait for crops to be harvested. We're headed back out tomorrow. Anyway, here is a video I just finished. We found some 3 dozen buttons and lots more coins than shown. Too much work to document all of it.

Huge congrats to your wife :thumbsup: Great video! You two had some awesome hunts and looks like you two had a lot of fun too.

Great video. That is perfect to watch. Colonial, and right to the finds. Keep them coming.
Look forward to see what you guys pull out after the beans..

We had a lot of fun. The weather was/ is fantastic. Amazingly, we are STILL waiting for many farmers to get soybeans harvested. Never seen anything like this - going on mid Dec and having to wait for crops to be harvested. We're headed back out tomorrow. Anyway, here is a video I just finished. We found some 3 dozen buttons and lots more coins than shown. Too much work to document all of it.

We have the same problem down here too Gary. And to make matters worse, some farmers are putting wheat in behind the beans at this very late date. Never seen anything like that either. Throw in deer hunting season and this fall has been close to a total bust. Can't wait for 2016. Good luck to you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back