What's new

Will Minelab introduce a new version of the E-trac?

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any knowledge (or idea) if Minelab will introduce a new version of the current E-trac detector? I was thinking something along the Explorer series manufacturing production line (E-trac, E-trac Pro...etc.).

Regards,
 
They already did, it's called the CTX
 
I agree. The CTX 3030 is it.
 
I also agree.
But, a lighter, faster, waterproof version would be widely accepted.
Peace ✌
 
Minelab has no idea what lighter " less weight " means..
 
I also agree.
But, a lighter, faster, waterproof version would be widely accepted.
Peace ✌

It's funny, everyone complains about the weight but then complain about "cheap, flimsy" construction when a company tries to use lighter weight materials. The biggest problem with the E-Trac isn't the weight, it's the balance. Just like the excalibur; it sucks using the stock shaft but can be swung all day without effort on straight shaft with the controls moved back.
 
Excellent suggestion, but after market shafts are a considerable expense to an expensive detector. What does conversion to a straight shaft do to warranty?
A simple bungee system costs much less, but can be uncomfortable.
Alleviating weight doesn't solve slow �� speed or water intrusion.
Peace ✌
 
I think you missed my earlier post. The CTX is the upgrade. It has better ergonomics, is more stable in performance, can be swung as fast as you want and is waterproof.
 
Sorry Jason, I did.
You are a man on the move today. ;)
Peace ✌
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom