Window shades

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Say, was wondering if anyone can help a little. In my town, was an old building, built in 1905. It was originally a mercantile store. It was on the sunny side of the street. In the windows, were these window shades. They're made of a green, either sail cloth or a light weight canvas. On them, are hand painted advertising, hats, boots, shoes. Women's clothes etc. Have been trying for years, to find any information about these. If anyone collects em, what the price of each could be etc. Have ask several antique dealers, swap meet people, look on the net. Can't come up with anything. I might be using the wrong words in looking. Also, what the hand chiseled header sandstone at the top of the building, with the name and date is called. My wife and I owned the building as a restaurant for ten years back in the mid ninetys. Sold the business right after the building turned 100 years old. I found these shades in the attic, along with old clothing and other items from that era. Like a dummy, I sold these items in a yard sale, but kept the shades. A internal fire claimed the building, a few years ago.

So, was wondering if anyone can give me some input.
Tnx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions