What's new

Wolly Mammoth Tusk

ColonialDude

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
693
Reaction score
269
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well not a whole one, but a very large piece anyhow. This was found in Whitehorse, Yukon.

Thought I'd share and it seems to be the most closely related forum...although I guess it's not technically a fossil.
 

Attachments

  • fullsizeoutput_11c5.webp
    fullsizeoutput_11c5.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 114
  • fullsizeoutput_11c7.webp
    fullsizeoutput_11c7.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2957.webp
    IMG_2957.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 96
Nice find. I make jewelry out of mammoth ivory. (called fossil ivory, even though it's not technically a fossil) Lots of jewelry in that piece you have! Gary

DSC07805.webpDSC07810.webpDSC07817.webp
 
Thanks very much. Very cool jewelry! I saw a Native guy selling earrings in the shape of a feather made of mammoth tusk. Prior to having this piece I didn’t realize that the tusk was in layers like that. I always assumed it was a solid piece for some reason. Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice piece wow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom