What's new

Wooden keg tap...but how old?

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
3,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this tap yesterday at a site that has produced a lot of mid-18th to early-19th century relics. I posted pictures in the What is it? forum and several people id'd it as a tap for a wooden keg (thanks for the input guys). What I'd like to know is the approximate age of the tap. I believe it is period to the site; it was 7 or 8 inches deep and has a heavy green patina. Thoughts? Also, I'd like advice on the best way to clean it without losing the patina.

Thanks
DnD
2015-11-08 18.38.16.webp2015-11-08 18.38.59.webp2015-11-08 18.39.53.webp2015-11-08 18.40.39.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
No way that I know of, nice find though, :thumbsup:
 
I've always considered them 18th century. One of the more underrated relics found...nice job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom