What's new

Worked Flint...

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was out metal detecting today and pulled this piece of flint out of the hole I was digging. It appears to me to have been worked on, but I know very little about this subject. Is there a name for a piece like this?

Thanks for looking.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • flint_a.webp
    flint_a.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 321
  • flint_b.webp
    flint_b.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Looks like a small untilized flake. It looks like they worked one edge and probably used it as a knife.
 
SRV said:
Looks like a small untilized flake. It looks like they worked one edge and probably used it as a knife.

What he said !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom